Official Social Media

KJT123

Our Twitter account has been doing some great things recently which has, unsurprisingly, coincided with our unbeaten run. 

I'm all for fun little gifs for when we score like the Adomah & Snoddy one today, but I've noticed recently that we have started to not report when the opponent scores.

Now, live commentary of a game is absolute basics for a social media journalist, so I fail to see how the person running the account has made a mistake or conveniently lost internet access.

They didn't bother tweeting about the two Burton goals today, and I'm pretty sure they didn't when Barnsley scored against us a few weeks ago.

What's going on here? It's clear to me that the person running the account has been advised not to tweet when the other team scores, probably in order to avoid negativity. 

I'm perhaps overreacting, but I don't like it at all and think it sends across a poor message.

8 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Our Twitter account has been doing some great things recently which has, unsurprisingly, coincided with our unbeaten run. 

I'm all for fun little gifs for when we score like the Adomah & Snoddy one today, but I've noticed recently that we have started to not report when the opponent scores.

Now, live commentary of a game is absolute basics for a social media journalist, so I fail to see how the person running the account has made a mistake or conveniently lost internet access.

They didn't bother tweeting about the two Burton goals today, and I'm pretty sure they didn't when Barnsley scored against us a few weeks ago.

What's going on here? It's clear to me that the person running the account has been advised not to tweet when the other team scores, probably in order to avoid negativity. 

I'm perhaps overreacting, but I don't like it at all and think it sends across a poor message.

I think it's because any goals scored against us can ONLY be the product of some kind of cheating and are therefore invalid. 

That's my take on it anyway. 

Just now, sidcow said:

I think it's because any goals scored against us can ONLY be the product of some kind of cheating and are therefore invalid. 

That's my take on it anyway. 

The referee of todays game agrees :P

People can still see the score, if they want to. When’s it half time a little report goes up. Same as at full time. 

I don’t think we should be celebrating other teams goals against us. Screw that. 

Do Real Madrid’s social media team celebrate when Barcelona score against them? What about Man City vs Man Utd? Don’t think so.. 

Let the social media team focus on what they do best - and that’s focus on Aston Villa. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Â