Superbowl LII

Tegis

Poll-time  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the cheese?

• Eagles
    • Patriots

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/18 at 23:40

2 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Hate the way the trophy to the owner first, give it to the players!

1 minute ago, sne said:

So the owner get's to lift the trophy in the NFL?:D

It's so dumb. The NHL doesn't. Dunno about the NBA and MLB but I can't remember it

Great game. Happy for my cousins in Pennsylvania, particularly my 90 year old uncle. Typical Patriots nailbiter Super Bowl. Plenty of questions to be asked now, but it was still a great achievement for this squad to have even made this game with all our injuries. All you can ask is for a chance at the end. Tough loss, but the Eagles earned the win. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Who were the 3 people who voted for Philly in the poll ?

#ReleaseTheMemo

3 more than who voted for them to start the year, but then again, they weren't even listed!

Back home now. The Malcolm Butler thing will be parsed, as will the D line play which was lacking. Add to that the FG unit, which, had they not **** up, would have had the game within a FG, not a TD.

Not one for the purists, but good entertainment nonetheless. Gotta let other teams win this thing from time to time :P

Good thing we kept hold of Jimmy G., eh?

My word, do they need to sort this catch rule out. Nobody knows WTF is going on. IMO, they should eliminate the automatic review. Give the refs more leeway and trust their call in the moment. The TD was a TD in real time, that should suffice. If a coach wants to challenge their judgement, throw a challenge flag. Video replay is a Pandora's Box in many ways. It can bog you down in minutia while ignoring basic flow of play. Ertz caught the ball, took 2 steps, crossed the plain, fumbled and recovered the ball. The Jesse James play against the Steelers would have been called a TD as well w/o the infuriating automatic review.

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Hernandez used to murder people and still play .

I wonder what Butler did.

Silly. The team had no idea Hernandez was a killer until the suspicion of the Lloyd killing when he was told to GTFO of Foxboro.

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Pats could be losing Butler, Gronk , the DC and OC .

The end is nigh .

Yep. Gronk seemed resigned to it after the game. Butler is definitely gone. Will we have the supporting cast to make another run with a 41 year old QB? Who **** knows, lol.

Incidents of rioting and looting have taken place in the US city of Philadelphia as fans celebrated a historic Super Bowl win on Sunday.

Social media pictures showed scenes of chaos as 100,000 Philadelphia Eagles' fans took to the streets.

A police officer is among those reported injured. Cars and shopfronts have been destroyed and looted.

Almost 10,000 tuned into a public police radio, with #phillypolicescanner trending nationally on Twitter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42943824

_99890408_gettyimages-914367228.jpg

Edited by Xela

Apart from messing up the introduction of the WW2 veteran at the coin-toss, Gene Steratore called a bloody good game. We give the refs a bollocking at times but they were near flawless yesterday, and letting the players play is always a good thing.

• Like 2

Fantastic game. Despite being a neutral I found myself rooting for the Pats, well, Brady to be fair. I thought it was set for him to go down the field at the end and win it. He was immense. It was the Pats defence that lost it. 

Despite that I'm also pleased for the Eagles. They were the best team this season for a long time and although they initially stuttered when they lost Wentz, they came back hard in the play-offs despite being written off. A great story for Foles. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Fantastic game. Despite being a neutral I found myself rooting for the Pats, well, Brady to be fair. I thought it was set for him to go down the field at the end and win it. He was immense. It was the Pats defence that lost it. 

505 yards, 3 TDs and 0 interceptions and still lost. Pretty incredible. That strip-sack was huuuuge

• Like 3

Â