Superbowl LII

Tegis

Poll-time  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the cheese?

• Eagles
    • Patriots

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/18 at 23:40

image.png.83ae88d7908fef205fd25e1fd6a0e17b.png

image.png.0dcdd49c8c5b2f8f7991f81388196c4b.png

Date February 4, 2018
Stadium U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Favorite Patriots by 5.5[1]
Referee Gene Steratore[2]
Ceremonies
National anthem Pink[3]
Halftime show Justin Timberlake[4]
TV in the United States
Network NBC
Announcers Al Michaels (play-by-play)
Cris Collinsworth (analyst)
Michele Tafoya and Heather Cox (sideline reporters)
Edited by Tegis

I don't mind them either tbh. It is annoying how effortlessly easy they make it look though.

Oh, I also read the other day about how Brady's last contract took him from a base salary of $10m a year to $1m but with a massive signing bonus. That pissed me off.

Although surely the Pats can't be the only team that manipulate the salary cap.

14 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Although surely the Pats can't be the only team that manipulate the salary cap.

Bonuses count towards the cap, it's how you space the money out over the years and how much is guaranteed that's important. Players prefer a bonus as it is a guaranteed sum rather than a contract that can be terminated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Bonuses count towards the cap, it's how you space the money out over the years and how much is guaranteed that's important. Players prefer a bonus as it is a guaranteed sum rather than a contract that can be terminated.

So nothing shady going on?

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

So nothing shady going on?

Nope! Brady takes a pretty small salary all things considered and cares more about winning at this moment in his career. It does help that his supermodel wife is worth more than he is and he still has pocketed about 200 million $$$$ over the years.

He lives a good life :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

Nope! Brady takes a pretty small salary all things considered and cares more about winning at this moment in his career. It does help that his supermodel wife is worth more than he is and he still has pocketed about 200 million $$$$ over the years.

He lives a good life :)

I take it back then.

So my only annoyance is how easy they make it look. :crylaugh:

I don't mind the Patriots either.  In fact I admire them hugely.  In a sport that punishes success with poorer draft choices, they continue to build and maintain a dynasty in the face of increasingly difficult odds.

I'm actually torn between Brady getting another ring and the Eagles breaking their duck.  I think I'll go with Brady getting another ring, because **** Philly.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'd like to clarify that my dislike of them is purely out of boredom and that they are always (in the Brady/BB era) in our way when we hit a sweet patch of success.

Before B/BB, not on our radar :D (Apart from that season when they actually made the Superbowl after we shot ourselves in the face against the Jags :) )

Edited by Tegis

Absolutely. **** the Pats. 

Not overly keen on the Eagles franchise but at least we'll get a great It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia episode out of it. Maybe Charlie and his green man outfit will finally leave Pennsylvania...

Â