Crypto currency

PieFacE

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Buy in red, sell in green :D 

Haha, almost nailed it. Tripled my £100 on the initial investment. Chucked another £400 in and it has dropped about since (still about £150 up overall on litecoin).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Haha, almost nailed it. Tripled my £100 on the initial investment. Chucked another £400 in and it has dropped about since (still about £150 up overall on litecoin).

hehe. Yeah it's all easier said than done :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

had a look at bittrex and it made my eyes bleed. Felt like I'd entered the Matrix!

hehe, it's not so bad when you get the hang of it.

Last = The value it was last bought/sold at (or current value)
BID = The closest bid to the current valie
ASK = The closest sale to the current value

Candles default to 30 minute intervals.

Check the order book now and again, can see if there's big buy pressure or big sell pressure. Can determine whether the price will move up or down. 

I've got a portfolio of BTC, ARK, TRST and ETH. Easily doubled my money so far but playing the long game as I don't believe in day trading. Tried to invest in those that have been recommended to me and where I have then gone on to do my own research around their technology etc. Good fun for a bit of play money. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I've got a portfolio of BTC, ARK, TRST and ETH. Easily doubled my money so far but playing the long game as I don't believe in day trading. Tried to invest in those that have been recommended to me and where I have then gone on to do my own research around their technology etc. Good fun for a bit of play money. 

Good portfolio :)

• Like 1

Bittrex is so confusing. how do you buy stuff on it?

I've transferred some bitcoin into my Bittrex account finally.

But when I try and buy Ark I don't understand any of it. I've put enough Bitcoin in for about 80 ARK. But when I put my bitcoin amountin the "bid" box it auto populates 0.9 ARK in the top bit.

Can anyone explain how it works? Can't I just buy for a set amount like on Coinbase?

You can buy into the ask book. 

2fe39653410f21d37473bed71c9bf574.png

When logged in you should see a little arrow on the right. Click that and buy one.  If you can't fulfill the order it will just buy as much as you can afford. 

Or you can set a buy order and someone may fill it. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't get it. So is the Ask column the price, in bitcoin, of one ARK?

So looking at that picture...

ASK(BTC) = The price someone wants for their ARK
Size = How many ARK they want to sell at that price

So the cheapest seller is someone selling 6 ARK at 25.4k SATS

• Like 1

So I should go for the cheapest ARK with the amount I want to buy?

So if I wanted 80, on that picture I should go for the second one down. Because he's selling more than I want to buy and he's cheaper than the one a few lines down?

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So I should go for the cheapest ARK with the amount I want to buy?

So if I wanted 80, on that picture I should go for the second one down. Because he's selling more than I want to buy and he's cheaper than the one a few lines down?

Yeah if you choose to buy from the second one, it will buy up the 6 from the first auto and then buy 74 from the one you chose.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorted it now. Cheers.

I have about 74 ARK :) 

Nice one. 

I hope everyone did their own research on ARK and didn't just buy it 'cos I keep shilling it :lol:

Nah I believe it to be a good investment, and I believe in Feb/March we will see some real growth. Obviously that's just my opinion :)

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Nice one. 

I hope everyone did their own research on ARK and didn't just buy it 'cos I keep shilling it :lol:

Nah I believe it to be a good investment, and I believe in Feb/March we will see some real growth. Obviously that's just my opinion :)

I just did it off your recommendation. But I only put in a relatively small amount, which was part of the profit I’ve already made and I am totally not fussed if I lose it. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I just did it off your recommendation. But I only put in a relatively small amount, which was part of the profit I’ve already made and I am totally not fussed if I lose it. 

Same here, all on you @PieFacE ;)

I’m wondering whether to convert the £130 of Bitcoin I have (bought for £94) into more Ark...

Â