SMS emptied overnight. Xperia Z3

welnik

Hi there,

I installed "file commander" yesterday. It came with the phone (2 years ago), and was handy for when i'd downloaded PDF manuals. Anyway, the demands for me to upgrade to premium pissed me off so much, that I deleted it.So I had cause to use one of the manuals I had downloaded, couldn't find it, remembered "file commander", went to the app store, got it, all good! Got on with my job.

I went to bed, turned off my phone, booted it up this morning, to no calendar or text messages. At all !!! Now, according to the storage app, there is 23.27mb of text messages stored somewhere, but I can't retrieve them. I'm hoping someone here who is a lot more tech savvy than me ( which, to be fair, won't be hard ) can possibly help.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers Nick

P.S apart from this issue, it's still the best phone i have ever had, Th battery still lasts two days, even after two years!

• 5 months later...

I don't often pop in this section, but seeing as I have the same phone i thought I'd try to help (if you haven't resolved it yet?)

Go to Settings - Apps - Messages, check if its been disabled and re-enable it if it has, if it hasn't then "force stop" clear cache and reboot.

I've had this phone for over 2 years as well, and its excellent. The battery life is amazing, dont need to charge it until the 3rd day :) The Ultra Stamina mode is crazy, took it on a 4 day trip to France and didn't need to charge it once, granted you lose colour and internet etc, but i took over a hundred photos and still had 50%+ when I got home and took it off ultimate mode.

Also I'm sure it was the first waterproof phone too, love sitting in the bath watching Sky Sports, over 2 years and not once even thought about buying a new phone, usually get the urge after 8 months or so on previous phones.

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 23:44, Junxs said:

I

I've had this phone for over 2 years as well, and its excellent. The battery life is amazing, dont need to charge it until the 3rd day :) 

That's annoying because I've got the Xperia Z5 and the battery life is rubbish. Used to be ok, but the recent update to the latest Android (Nougat is it?) affected it badly.

It's been a very good phone for me, but this coupled with the phone getting extremely hot (a common issue with the Z5) has got me wanting a new phone pronto.

Â