Pokemon Sun/Moon

StefanAVFC

I know I'm opening myself up to a world of abuse, but there's a Pokemon Go thread so there.

Anyone picked this up? I got it yesterday and it's even a world away from X/Y so compared to red/blue it's just out of this world.

Only 3 hours or so into it but it's really, really good. Nice difficulty spike too, even though the hour long tutorial was irritating.

I'd love to be able to give it a go. I don't think I ever will though. It looks pretty incredible for a 3DS game, and what from I've read it's better in pretty much every area compared to all other Pokemon games, although the main storyline is a bit more linear.

I picked it up and played for a couple of hours last night. It's good, but I really wish they'd get rid of the whole making your pokémon love you by petting, grooming and feeding them. If I wanted to do that I'd just get a real pet. I'm yet to see whether they've kept in the crappy training minigames that I force myself to do over and over again just to give my Pokémon that extra edge, but **** me is it tedious.

Much prefer the old days where you literally just levelled them up through battling. It started to go downhill when they introduced bloody Contests but at least you could ignore those for the most part. My OCD won't let me ignore making my team adore me to give them the bonuses in battle.

Oh and that starter water pokémon looks shite in every evolution. The owl looks the coolest of the starters but Grass Pokémon never get in my team, waste of a valuable space.

Aside from that, I'm enjoying the rest of it though, promise ;)

Edited by Ginko

I know Nintendo is Nintendo and would never do it, but could you imagine if they created a huge open world like Fallout but added a multiplayer element to it where you could randomly bump into other players, but in a Pokemon universe. Would be so good. 

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I know Nintendo is Nintendo and would never do it, but could you imagine if they created a huge open world like Fallout but added a multiplayer element to it where you could randomly bump into other players, but in a Pokemon universe. Would be so good. 

I reckon they will one day, but it will still look like a cartoon.

Â