Looking for inspiration, solo holidays

carlitobrigante

Peeps, need your help.

I have first 2 weeks in August off work and nothing planned.

I'm looking for suggestions for a trip i could go make on my own. I'm up for anything but only have a budget of about £1000 - 1200 (total inc spends)

Was hoping for some kind of secluded beach holiday, or a thailand adventure, though the latter looks well out my price range. I'm now open for anything including one or two shorter city breaks.

After looking online, holidays are for familys and couples only it seems, not singles! And im too old now for a lads holiday :-(

If you have you sights on Asia then Imo Vietnam and Cambodia should be your choice before Thailand but I'm not sure £1000 would be enough to do any of that area unless you can get a good deal on Norweigian airlines to BKK

if you want seclusion then get yourself to Morocco and hike up Mt Toubkal far more rewarding than sitting on a beach , it's about 4 days hiking quite tough but when you hit the summit it's all worth while

last year I toured Armenia , Georgia and Kazakhstan .. Those 3 places were as good as anywhere else I've been and they weren't  full of tourists which added to the appeal ... All dirt cheap all have some stunning sceanery or historical interest and there are lakes and what not where you can swim and chill out and have your seclusion ... Everyone should visit Kazakhstan you won't be surprised to learn its nothing like Borat :) ... Even our overnight train journey from Astana  to Almaty ended up with bottles of vodka and drinking and chatting all night with the locals 

failing that with the limited budget have a look at some of the inland lakes , Lake Orhid in Macedonia or Lake Balaton in Hungary ... They have man made beaches , sunshine , lovely women and cheap beer

• Like 1

On 20 July 2016 at 00:59, carlitobrigante said:

Peeps, need your help.

I have first 2 weeks in August off work and nothing planned.

I'm looking for suggestions for a trip i could go make on my own. I'm up for anything but only have a budget of about £1000 - 1200 (total inc spends)

Was hoping for some kind of secluded beach holiday, or a thailand adventure, though the latter looks well out my price range. I'm now open for anything including one or two shorter city breaks.

After looking online, holidays are for familys and couples only it seems, not singles! And im too old now for a lads holiday :-(

I'm going to Cuba for a week in August, not on my own, but checking a few websites it seems like you can get 10 nights for your budget all inclusive for a single room.

Â