Privacy

limpid

17 minutes ago, darrenm said:

You have cookies read by their web site that have been placed there by an affiliated web site who you gave your old email address to.

Yep. I pretty much knew that'd be the reason but it was just a bit of a shocker. Privacy browsing from now on. 

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

Yep. I pretty much knew that'd be the reason but it was just a bit of a shocker. Privacy browsing from now on. 

Just clear all your cookies and be careful who you allow to set cookies from now on :-)

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 18:51, AlwaysAVFC said:

Does anyone else have target marketing shared on their partners phone? My Mrs keeps getting adverts related to what I search :o I thought it must be down to being on the same wifi, but I've just been on Halfords site looking at bike tyres as I've just discovered a bit of puncture on my way home and now straight away she's getting adverts for bike tyres, despite us being 25miles away.

I had a weird thing happen. I have a 3 week old computer at work, and I looked on Amazon at tyre sealant. The Amazon page had an embedded button that said "Filter by vehicle - MX5 MkIII". I've never bought anything or searched for anything for my car on Amazon. I've never told them I have a MX5 Mk III. How the heck was there a button there that "knew"? (I was logged in to Amazon, as I earlier added a book to the basket).

Amazon.jpg

Â