Alternative to Microsoft Outlook

PongRiddims

Would anyone be so kind to recommend me an alternative program to Outlook that does the same job, including calendar sync, and is friendly with Gmail? Freeware or otherwise, don't mind paying. Would prefer to avoid the cloud/Web browser route if possible

Ta

43 minutes ago, PongRiddims said:

Would anyone be so kind to recommend me an alternative program to Outlook that does the same job, including calendar sync, and is friendly with Gmail? Freeware or otherwise, don't mind paying. Would prefer to avoid the cloud/Web browser route if possible

Ta

Erm, Gmail?

• Like 1

Thunderbird with some configs and addons should do the trick. http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/215-thunderbird-sync-gmail

I think MacOS does it out of the box.

If you don't mind paying for it, why not use Outlook?

Unless it's how I've set it up, I find outlook very clunky running multiple Gmail accounts to it, might be how I've configured it to be fair but seems to be real laborious task every time I open it

43 minutes ago, PongRiddims said: Would anyone be so kind to recommend me an alternative program to Outlook that does the same job, including calendar sync, and is friendly with Gmail? Freeware or otherwise, don't mind paying. Would prefer to avoid the cloud/Web browser route if possible

Ta

Erm, Gmail?

Isn't Gmail only browser based?

10 minutes ago, PongRiddims said:

Isn't Gmail only browser based?

Well yeah, it is. 
Why is that a problem if you're already using GMail?

It will do everything you're asking for in terms of calendar syncs and everything Outlook does. And if you want something compatible with GMail, then surely using Google Mail and Google Calendars and Google Drive etc etc is as compatible as you can get.

Sorry, didn't explain very well. The way I use my laptop I'm not always connected to the net, I do a lot of college work here and there that involves sending emails, setting meetings etc that I'd like to be able to do without being on the net and then connect when I'm online again. Unfortunately I don't get wifi at work so outlook can be a little fickle. I'd like to have the app there I can use offline and let it sync when and as it needs to. Either that or I'm gonna be rinsing my mobile data by hotspotting for the 4G

4 hours ago, Tegis said:

Thunderbird with some configs and addons should do the trick. http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/215-thunderbird-sync-gmail

Mozilla, as well as thunderbird e mail does a calendar application which is available to download from this link and Mac OS does it out of the box, but that's no use if  Mr. Riddims got those "ain't got no Mac OS" blues.

4 hours ago, Tegis said:

Mozilla, as well as thunderbird e mail does a calendar application which is available to download from this link and Mac OS does it out of the box, but that's no use if  Mr. Riddims got those "ain't got no Mac OS" blues.

Mozilla gave always had my support so I'll give that a blast I think, cheers all you're a lovely bunch of techys x

Â