Premier League Predictions 15/16 GW8

Chewie

:excl: Read this first - Even if you have posted a prediction in the past :excl:

The Pastebin test from last week was a success in terms of it actually going into the excel sheet correctly, however some of you struggled with getting it right without me chasing you so we are going to try and simplify this right down and see if it works. If it does not work, we'll need to go back to the Pastebin solution.

Update: It seems that the new style of in-line predictions works fine for laptop users, but not for mobile users. As such, mobile users will need to use Pastebin.

-- How to post a prediction --

1. Copy my prediction from below (including my name).
  2. Only copy from my post, DO NOT COPY FROM OTHER POSTERS.
  3. Paste my prediction into the VT editor.
    1. :excl: USING MOBILE? :excl:
    2. - You will need to INSTEAD paste my prediction into Pastebin.com, edit the scores + your name, and click submit (don't close the Pastebin page yet).
  4. Change my name (Chewie) into your name EXACTLY as it appears in VT. It is CaSeSeNsItIvE!
  5. Delete ONLY the numerical scores and then replace them with your own.
  6. DO NOT...
    1. DO NOT change the team names.
    2. DO NOT add any other text into the prediction itself.
    3. DO NOT replace the hyphen with your own weird version.
    4. DO NOT add or remove spacing.
  7. The format should be TeamA 0-0 TeamB - that's TeamA[Space]Score[Hyphen]Score[Space]TeamB
    1. :excl: USING MOBILE? :excl:
    2. - You will need to copy the submitted page URL from Pastebin.com which contains your prediction and paste that URL into your VT post.

-- Here is my prediction, copy and paste the below, then edit your name and the scores only --

Chewie
Palace 2-2 WestBrom
Villa 2-1 Stoke
Bournemouth 1-1 Watford
ManCity 4-1 Newcastle
Norwich 2-3 Leicester
Sunderland 0-3 WestHam
Chelsea 2-1 Southampton
Everton 2-2 Liverpool
Arsenal 2-2 ManUtd
Swansea 1-3 Spurs

-- This ends the instructions for posting a prediction, you can skip the below if you don't care about the leader board --

Ezbqwjl.png

Arj Guy comes out on top on last weeks predictions, the mighty BOF drops down into mediocrity. I'm almost dizzy from appearing out of the depths of the weekly predictions. Isa comes in with a decent start to his first game week.

b2sAdSU.png

But what's this? BOF is still SMASHING it at the top of the table, like an American sailor in a Filipino brothel after months on end buggering his shipmates at sea! No wonder the BOF is excited to see this each week.

Last weeks bets were placed on BOF - £2.50 on the results, and £2.50 on Both Teams to Score Yes/No from Hanoi's prediction, both lost :(

I'll make the same bet using two predictions of my choosing on Friday night, prediction entries close at kick off of the first game on Saturday.

Good Luck!

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 1

This was a mobile test post.

If you are using mobile to post a prediction then re-read the instructions as you will need to paste the URL of your submitted Pastebin in VT.

Edited by Chewie

Palace 2- WestBrom
Villa 2-1 Stoke
Bournemouth - Watford
ManCity - Newcastle
Norwich - Leicester
Sunderland 0- WestHam
Chelsea 2-1 Southampton
Everton - Liverpool
Arsenal 2-2 ManUtd
Swansea 1- Spurs

There is clearly a fair bit of work going into this, so thanks for the effort Chewie, its good fun :thumb:

No problem, it's a breeze when the formatting for each prediction is correct. You seem to be missing some scores in your prediction, it's like you deleted the numbers and then didn't replace them with your own.

Chewie
Palace 2- WestBrom
Villa 2-1 Stoke
Bournemouth 1- Watford
ManCity - Newcastle
Norwich - Leicester
Sunderland 0- WestHam
Chelsea 2-1 Southampton
Everton - Liverpool
Arsenal 2- ManUtd
Swansea - Spurs

Oh dear, that's not a good start :(

Let's wait until someone else tries too, BOF and I tested this (in fact it was BOF who first thought of doing it this way) in the other thread and it worked perfectly.

it looks like only the scores I edited are affected. The scores from your prediction that i agreed with, so left as they were are unaffected. 

If we end up having to use Pastebin then I'll post the link and update the instructions. For now just have a go at copying from my post directly into VT. I used the <code> box when writing it, which in the test thread seemed to keep all the formatting intact and good to go. 

• Like 1

it looks like only the scores I edited are affected. The scores from your prediction that i agreed with, so left as they were are unaffected. 

Are you using mobile?

Yes mate I posted from my mobile. 

StanBalaban
Palace 2-1 WestBrom
Villa 2-1 Stoke
Bournemouth 1-1 Watford
ManCity 3-1 Newcastle
Norwich 1-1 Leicester
Sunderland 1-1 WestHam
Chelsea 2-1 Southampton
Everton 2-1 Liverpool
Arsenal 3-2 ManUtd