Building a Website for free!

Zhan_Zhuang

Hello all,

Just some advice in building a Website for free (if possible)...my IT skills are distinctly average so something relatively simple to use would be ideal.

I am looking at WordPress and wondered if anyone would recommend that or perhaps something else?

Thanks in advance.

UTV

Hello all,

Just some advice in building a Website for free (if possible)...my IT skills are distinctly average so something relatively simple to use would be ideal.

I am looking at WordPress and wondered if anyone would recommend that or perhaps something else?

Thanks in advance.

UTV

If your "IT skills are distinctly average" id suggest dropping a fiver and use http://www.squarespace.com

• Like 1

I was about to suggest SquareSpace.

Not used it myself, but it supposed to be good for the average user. Not free, but very cheap.

And don't forget to enter the offer code "Ramble" for 10% off. 

NB: I have no idea if this actually works but I've heard that damn advert so many times it has to be worth a go. 

:) 

I've always used Weebly and it's been fine (for my admittedly limited needs).

I've built a few in Dreamweaver in the dim and distant past but I have neither the time or the patience these days so just use the online site builders.

Weebly is free, unless you don't want @weebly.com in the URL. Their templates are limited/limiting at times but you can find just about anything you'd need. It only starts to cost if you want them to host photo or video libraries or you use some of the more functionally-rich modules.

Â