NOW TV Box

Don_Simon

Hello all! Been thinking of picking up one of the Now TV Boxes so can do the Sky Sports day / month pass when I fancy it. I don't watch anywhere near enough TV to justify paying full Sky Sports package prices, but thought this could be a happy medium. Has anyone else got one of these or an opinion on it? Cheers!

Don't have the box but it's an app on my TV. 

I got a bunch of free passes to sky sports and 4 months of the Sky Movies on demand so naturally, I think it's pretty good. Will rarely pay for anything once the passes are up though. 

I don't know how much a sky subscription is but at £6.99 per game, you'd only have to watch a few matches a month before it gets pretty expensive.

I've got one and it works a treat. Don't use it for sport but have the entertainment pass and movies pass. Great value for money in that respect. Sports are pricier but i'm not that bothered about watching games so never used it for that

• 3 weeks later...

Bought one of these ages ago. Keep an eye on hotuk deals vouchers section. Every few weeks someone finds a code for a months free entertain pass.

Also look on ebay, sometimes you can find sports passes for £1.99.

• 3 months later...

Currently got Sky but we're thinking of getting rid of it as we're just not watching that much tv and its about £80 a month , the only thing I can think that we'd miss are the kids tv shows .

Is this Now tv box actually worth getting ? i've got a chromecast and the kids have there showbox and hd cinema .

I think we'd miss some of the sky sports stuff , are these really useful to have ?

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know how much a sky subscription is but at £6.99 per game, you'd only have to watch a few matches a month before it gets pretty expensive.

Well theres an option for weekly passes for £9.99, so in theory it works out cheaper if you use 4 of these than the standard monthly cost for sky sports through sky tv.

Sky TV insist you have to have the entertainment pass before you can add sky sports, so i think the minimum is roughly £60/m so this works better.

Plus I find (depending on your broadband) that the quality of the streaming is better than standard definition though not as good as high definition - which you have to pay extra monthly costs for anyway.

Â