My VT is broken

CrackpotForeigner

Question

9 answers to this question

1. Done

2. Don't know how but surely it should work anyway?

3. Don't know how but surely it should work anyway?

4. **** if I'm doing that, I'd rather wait for the next IE update and hope for the best.

5. Definitely, definitely **** not doing that.

So, effectively, to all intents and porpoises, Limpid is stumped :)

I should add that I've experienced the same issue with Firefox so don't beleive it is an IE specific problem

But it's not happened to me for some time now so can't investigate further or speculate as to what it may be

As if by magic I've just experienced this problem so can offer up a bit more info

I'm running windows 7 and IE 11 at home (version 11.0.9600.15476

went into a thread and hit the quote button

got the little green bar and white dots appeared that you get when you usually hit the "quote " button but nothing appeared

closed IE , tried again  ..same problem

deleted cookies , cache etc same problem

fired up IE  ... downloaded Firefox , launched Villatalk 

Works fine  .. where as IE still isn't working

interesting other point with this issue is that copy and paste also didn't work within IE

(found this out the hard way as I had copied and pasted this post so that I wouldn't lose it when I closed the Browser !!)

suggest IE is the issue  ..but then as I mentioned before I have seen this problem before on my work PC ... only thing is at work I run Firefox not IE

weird !!!

• Like 1

Weird indeed. It's hard to see how it can be a problem with the site though. It would be nice if someone can confirm that this happens on other browsers, so keep an eye on it with firefox, but I've only heard of this happening with IE other than from you in this thread.

It sounds like something is broken in IE's AJAX handling. Backing out the most recent update might help until they fix it.

Â