Playoffs: Wildcards are in!

Tegis

II

I do not like it. I want the best teams to win. Unfortunately, this playoff system very rarely results in the best team winning it all.

I can't stress just how much I disagree with this.

The current setup of the NFL is what makes it the best sport in the world. Every game matters, Every team has a chance, It's a level playing field, poorer teams are actively aided to get better better via the draft, the playoff system rewards the best teams with a bye but allows "midtable" sides to still have a chance of getting to a superbowl via a wildcard.

The one thing that does bother me about the game now is that the passing game is too prominant. A 4,000 yard season is now a non-event for a QB. One solution IMO would be to increase the allowed contact zone for CB's from 5 yards to 10.

Parity has nothing to do with the best team winning. Baltimore is a power that won last season despite being at best the 6th best team. They, on the way, beat a Denver team that had not been relevant for 14 years.

My point is I do not know what part of my post you are replying to.

I like parity and the institutions which create it. Without it my Titans in a town of 500k would have not shot against the Jets, Bears, Giants, ect. My problem is a single elimination tournament almost never results in the best team winning it all.

Of course the nature of the NFL make playing serieses impossible.

I wouldn't attribute Brees throwing 2 complete dolly's as the defence playing 'great' :P

Now I see why you wanted us to venture to this mystical place.

Pure coincidence. Look at the post times

i love you

Â