Pubs

wedge

There is the Harvester by the ground, but that gets full pretty quickly. If you're going by train, I seem to recall there is a pub near to the station (The Terrace Bar?) that I guess is about as close to an "away" pub as you can get at Stoke.

A word of caution, my mate was attacked after the game in April by some Stoke bonehead simply because he was wearing a claret and blue scarf after the game, so I'd personally advise against wearing colours on Saturday. (Not that I do anyway).

Police will be awaiting your arrival and will not take you to any pub, the SU of Staffordshire University (LRV) will house the majority of Villa fans before the game like they do ever year. The beer is watered down to **** btw lol.

If you're on the train, I'd say get off at Stafford or Stone, plenty of decent pubs in those town centres. Last year I got off at Stone around midday, went in the spoons there and it was rammed full of Villa! :D

There is a 101 bus that runs through both places and drops you off past Trentham Gardens so a 20 min walk to the Brit from there.

With regarding Stoke, avoid Hanley and I'd say your best bet would be Newcastle-under-Lyme. Think they still do shuttle buses to the ground from around 2.

Â