All inclusive in mex/Dominican/?

Dom_Wren

Thinking about taking the missus away for an all inclusive break.

Anybody got any recommendations, mid April for 5 days.

Just want a nice beach, pool and all the free ale you can drink.

Looking at the excellence punta cana, anybody been?

I looked at Punta Cana last year but ended up going elsewhere in the end

few years back Dominica was deemed to be a the poor man Caribbean  .. from what I've heard and seen on the interweb it seems to now be quite the place and as good as the Caribbean ( I would warn you about the influx of Americans in Dominica  but you must be immune to their noise by now :) )

have a look at the Excellence resort in Punta Cana .. all inclusive and adults only so no pesky kids peeing in the swimming pool

the other resort I looked at was Iberostar Grand Bavaro ...  also all inclusive and  adults only

Edit : I really should learn to read  , you already mentioned the Excellence :)

Edited by tonyh29

Thinking about taking the missus away for an all inclusive break.

Anybody got any recommendations, mid April for 5 days.

Just want a nice beach, pool and all the free ale you can drink.

Looking at the excellence punta cana, anybody been?

I've been to La Romana which is just around the corner from Punta Cana. Stayed here. I'm sure it's not to everyone's tastes but me and the missus had a great time! And the beer wasn't watered down ;)

If you're going for 5 days I'd make sure it's from Monday - Friday. The only problem with Dominican Republic is the locals that pile into the hotels at the weekend. We stayed at one of the hotels in the chain featured in this article a few years before it was written and they are a right pain in the arse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was going to suggest Cuba but then realised you in America..... if you not American then it's very nice there and cheaper than anywhere else in Carribean. You'd have to fly from Mexico or Canada though for obvious reasons :P

• 2 weeks later...

Was going to suggest Cuba but then realised you in America..... if you not American then it's very nice there and cheaper than anywhere else in Carribean. You'd have to fly from Mexico or Canada though for obvious reasons :P

Me and missus would be ok, she's from canada and I'm from uk, so might be an option.

Â