buying from a car supermarket

mottaloo

Such as carcraft, motorpoint etc.....

What are your experiences ? I know the cars are usually cheaper but what are the draw backs ? Can't test drive to them ? Sold as seen attitude ? Poor warranties ?

I'd be interested in you replies. ...

We thought it would be a good idea to have a look at car craft a few years back but it was a horrible experience. As we entered the place they get you at the door, find out all your vital statistics and lead you to the cars. It's pressure pressure pressure the whole time. Salesmen even blocked the exit as we dared to leave without buying anything trying to turn us round.

Hopefully things have changed.

bought 3 of mine & my wifes past cars from Motor Nation car supermarket in Birmingham.

had no issues with them, no pressure selling, let you look around, let you test drive once they know you're serious about buying, and good price.

had no after-sale issues either.

I would buy off them again. 

I've been to carcraft and didn't think much of it. They were very high priced and most of the cars had cosmetic issues that they weren't prepared to fix. The one we talked to them about had a service history that they 'couldn't find' and would send on later. I said how much for it without the history (which you can be dam sure will never turn up) and they wouldn't budge. Didn't buy, hardly needs saying.

Â