iPhone App update (sept 2013)

tonyh29

Question

I think my phone auto installed an update to the Villatalk app last night ?

Since then I'm having difficulty with quoting and replying to posts .

In portrait mode the text will display to a certain point and then I can't scroll beyond it

Landscape mode does give me a bit more option but the text I'm typing is often off the screen and I am typing blind ( like now) so I can't actually see what I'm typing until after I hit the post button

Anyone else had this

iPhone 4With iOS 7 running on it

Was fine until around 11pm yesterday

I'll move this to the correct forum. Can you add the usual details? Which phone and which OS. Can anyone else with the same issue supply the same please.

I thought I put it in Site Issues ?

I'll try and put some screen shots up for you later ... Only a problem on threads where there are lots of quotes and the text goes off the screen

Hopefully this works

In effect that is all I can see on my phone screen from a long post

I can't scroll down the page and see beyond this point

I can type away blindly , but fat fingers mean that the content is a cross between Dem and Robo

Posted Image

Yes, you put it in "site issues". The forum for the app is called "VillaTalk app - tapatalk" The app is not related to the site. It's no biggy, it's just easier if all threads about the app are in one place.

You still haven't told me what phone and OS you are using. I'm wondering if this might be an iOS7 problem. It might just be your phone at this point. I need information to diagnose the problem.

Sorry thought I'd put it on my original post I'm on an iPhone 4S running iOS 7 I upgraded to iOS about 5 days ago and VT app was fine , seems to have started since the VT update last night

Edited by tonyh29

Sorry thought I'd put it on my original post I'm on an iPhone 4S running iOS 7 I upgraded to iOS about 5 days ago and VT app was fine , seems to have started since the VT update last night

You did, Simonprobaly couldn't scroll down and see it on his iPhone :) :)
  • Like 2
No, Simon. But I've not used it a great deal yet. Maybe clear cache, or turn the phone (or app) off and back on again? or log out and back in...?
Can you clear cache on the app ? I've done a reboot with no change It's long posts where its a problem , this post more example fits on one page so no problem Edit: ignore that I found it in the settings option Did clear cache but no effect ( and this text is being typed blind as I can't see it on the page !! ) Edited by tonyh29

It does it on mine, too. Long posts, just get cut off in the reply thingy. Exactly the same as Tony says.

I am using the iPhone 4 with iOS7.

will try on an iPad in a bit. Edit. It does it on iPad, too, though it has to be a longer post you're quoting for it to happen. I'd say its bad enough to call the latest version junk

It does it on mine, too. Long posts, just get cut off in the reply thingy. Exactly the same as Tony says.

I am using the iPhone 4 with iOS7.

will try on an iPad in a bit. Edit. It does it on iPad, too, though it has to be a longer post you're quoting for it to happen. I'd say its bad enough to call the latest version junk

Apple just pushed out update 7.0.2 ... Installed it on my phone , hasn't fixed the problem but thought it might help to know

limpid, on 29 Sept 2013 - 9:34 PM, said:

I could do with someone who hasn't upgraded to iOS7 to confirm if they are seeing this. It might give the devs something to go on.

I haven't updated my iPad yet (least I don't think I have )

if I can wrestle the boy from playing Minecraft on it I'll have a look tonight when I get home from work and post here the outcome

Didn't have the VT app on my iPad so had to download the latest version (28th sept)

IPad is still on OS 6.1.3

I went into one of the longest posts I could find ( just basically did a search under Levi :) )

And was able to scroll up and down the text on the page without any obvious problems

Would suggest it is an iOS 7 related issue

• Like 1
Â