The complete and utter chants thread

Pricey_1984

I think a moderator (with the power/force) should do a poll on new chants for various players/clubs/other

Then people should vote for which ones they like the most. In order to do this the chant needs to have the tune/hymn whatever so that people know what tune to sing it to.

that milner brazilian chant...I have no idea what the melody is so can't really make a judgement on whether it's any good.

Ashley Young is magic,

He wears a magic hat,

And when we get a freekick,

He says I'm having that,

He crosses with his left foot,

He crosses with his right,

Will someone tell Capello,

This kid is dynamite

That would get my vote for Ashley Young, it's awesome.

Once a chant gets the vote (e.g. the Young chant above wins the poll), then it should go into a locked thread where the whole squad is listed and their chant is posted below. That way people on here can read them, listen to the tune and everyone will know it.

Only problem is finding a moderator willing to get all the chants for players together and create polls for it. I wouldn't mind doing it but I am not a moderator. Plus I think I am part of the crew on here who is pretty good at making new chants. I am all in favour of using existing melodies (Lord of the dance, pink floyd - the wall, my old mans a dustman etc), but I think new tracks are the way to go as well.

I hate to say it but Liverpool are pioneers at this. I heard them using "what's that coming over the hill is it a monster" melody to a chant, and I have chatted to my mates villa, United, spurs, wolves fans and they all agree they absolutely love it when they hear something completely new.

It is something that is difficult to achieve but I am sure the key chanters are signed up to this forum and would agree getting some "fresh" chants would be welcomed. I bet we only have about 5-10 chants that are sung regularly. It should be a lot more.

Perhaps it is because I compose music and really passionate about miusic in general but I love to have a good old sing song at the game and I definitely do when it's a boring game.

If you watch Boca Juniors they are going ape shit for 90 minutes singing, chanting and I know it's a different culture but we should be aiming to up the atmosphere and I think chanting is a KEY part of that.

Parents and their kids won't be singing "shit on the city" all the time. But that young chant above is the kind of thing I really would like to belt out.

there we go...rant over for another 24 hours lol

Not that people probably want to sing about Nicky Shorey but...

Surely something can be worked out to the tune of Land of Nicky Shorey. Don't know the original lyrics myself, but sure someone does.

Not that people probably want to sing about Nicky Shorey but...

Surely something can be worked out to the tune of Land of Nicky Shorey. Don't know the original lyrics myself, but sure someone does.

'We love Nicky Shorey

He plays for AVFC

We love Nicky Shorrreyyy

He'll soon be England's number three'

Youth Group - Forever Young.

(have to listen to the tunes chorus first, otherwise you won't get the melody)

Forever young, we want you here forever young

Villa wishes you could play forever, forever and ever

Youth Group - Forever Young.

(have to listen to the tunes chorus first, otherwise you won't get the melody)

Yeah I came up with a similar one (same tune) quite a while back, these lyrics are better though.

I am slowly working my way through all these pages and pulling out what I think are the best chants. I am also taking into account peoples posts who positively comment on chants as well.

There are a lot of Ashley Young chants that are really good. Also a fair few for Barry. Will put them all into a post and see what you think.

Once we have a definitive list we should have them somewhere on here so people can have a look and get to learn them, listen to them or just comment further on them.

I am slowly working my way through all these pages and pulling out what I think are the best chants. I am also taking into account peoples posts who positively comment on chants as well.

There are a lot of Ashley Young chants that are really good. Also a fair few for Barry. Will put them all into a post and see what you think.

Once we have a definitive list we should have them somewhere on here so people can have a look and get to learn them, listen to them or just comment further on them.

Away games are the best bet. New songs are sang in the pub, then they spread around the concourse before the game, then everyone catches on during the match. Gabby's song and Carew's song are just two examples of them being started at away games

unfortunately I have no other villa fans that can do away matches. plus I am the only one mad enough to chant a new song on me todd.

I did manage to get a chant going at a Warwickshire Derby Match against Worcestershire.

"oh, the only thing your famous for is sauce!"

even the worcester fans chanted it, happy days.

I think it may have been suggested before but as he doesn't get many chants suggested for him I think chanting Nigel Reo-Coker's name to the tune of Seven Nation Army would work very well.

Ashley Young is magic,

He wears a magic hat,

He's gotta play for England,

It is simple as that,

Cos he is dynamite

Not bad, but straight from a chant written on Football365 on the 2nd Sept........

Yours was posted on the 3rd........... plus its also a rip of of the old Spurs chant "George Graham is magic"

Chants that need to start getting sung - anyone going to Spurs should try and get them going:

Ashley Young:

Ashley Young is magic,

He wears a magic hat,

And when we get a freekick,

He says I'm having that,

Will someone tell Capello,

This kid is dynamite

or...(to Agadoo)

Ash-ley

Young, Young, Young,

Gets the ball under control,

Ashley Young, Young, Young,

Takes it forward, scores a goal

On the left, on the right,

Gives defenders such a fright,

Ashley Young, Young, Young,

He's so quick he's out of sighhhhhht.

Barry - despite the Liverpool thing, he's still here, and he's still one of our best players:

You are my Barry, my Gareth Barry,

You make me happy, when skies are grey,

We don't want Lampard, or Steven Gerrard,

So please don't take, our Barry, away

Petrov - saw a few pages back an idea for Rule Britannia:

Stiiii-liiyan Petrov, he caaame from Celtic Park,

Heeee, wiiilll, shoot and score from foooor-tyyyyy yaaaaards,

Nuuu-mber nineteen, he's Viiilla through and through,

Nooow, heee's, showing us what heee caaan dooooo.

To name three players. Lets get them going - they're fairly easy to remember, and they'll catch on.

The AY magic hat does sound a bit to cockney

As for singing love songs for the selfish, piss taking judas who has just declared his following of spurs as a kid days before we play them well I really dont know.......

.the only people who can stop them are the victims of their offences, and like a battered wife they keep rewarding their assailants.

Ashley Young is magic,

He wears a magic hat,

It is simple as that,

Cos he is dynamite

Not bad, but straight from a chant written on Football365 on the 2nd Sept........

Yours was posted on the 3rd........... plus its also a rip of of the old Spurs chant "George Graham is magic"

Obviously I stole the tune, as no chant comes to a new one. But I've NEVER visited the Villa section of the forum on F365 (didn't know there was one to be honest). Have you got a link to the chant, when you sayt 'straight from' is it word for word?

It's changed now anyway, that was my first attempt, I think the other one is much better.

Ashley Young is magic,

He wears a magic hat,

It is simple as that,

Cos he is dynamite

Obviously I stole the tune, as no chant comes to a new one. But I've NEVER visited the Villa section of the forum on F365 (didn't know there was one to be honest). Have you got a link to the chant, when you sayt 'straight from' is it word for word?

It's changed now anyway, that was my first attempt, I think the other one is much better.

Never said it was on a Villa section of the site........ it was a part of the site about transfers, it was posted by a Manure fan about Berbatov, not the same exactly but same opening lines and end lines.

Ashley Young is magic,

He wears a magic hat,

It is simple as that,

Cos he is dynamite

Never said it was on a Villa section of the site........ it was a part of the site about transfers, it was posted by a Manure fan about Berbatov.

Just had a thought.......... it could be done in league matches, but it would be more apt to European nights, picture the scene AC Milan roll up to Villa park in the Semi Final of the UEFA Cup......... they are 1-0 up and like most Italian teams are looking to sit on the lead......... but as they walk out they look up at a claret and blue Holte End, Randy has once again given out free scarves and flags which are being waved all around the ground........... the large Villa banner is out........

The teams line up for kick-off and then it starts........ a full Villla Park singing - Jerusalem or Land of Hope and Glory.......... before you knock it, just imagine how immense that would sound a complete wall of noise.......

Just had a thought.......... it could be done in league matches, but it would be more apt to European nights, picture the scene AC Milan roll up to Villa park in the Semi Final of the UEFA Cup......... they are 1-0 up and like most Italian teams are looking to sit on the lead......... but as they walk out they look up at a claret and blue Holte End, Randy has once again given out free scarves and flags which are being waved all around the ground........... the large Villa banner is out........

The teams line up for kick-off and then it starts........ a full Villla Park singing - Jerusalem or Land of Hope and Glory.......... before you knock it, just imagine how immense that would sound a complete wall of noise.......

Those songs are already associated with England though.

Oh and free flags? No ta, i'd rather have our own flags and banners than looking plastic like Chelsea in the Champions League

Ashley Young is magic,

He wears a magic hat,

It is simple as that,

Cos he is dynamite

Never said it was on a Villa section of the site........ it was a part of the site about transfers, it was posted by a Manure fan about Berbatov, not the same exactly but same opening lines and end lines.

Oh, so I took the tune from a chant which exists and rewrote all but the last line :shock: Shoot me down. How many chants on here come from a totally new tune. The accusation that I copied it off F365 is frankly ridiculous, everyone knows the tune to that chant, they've all heard it before, I wasn't passing the tune off as my own. You think that because someone put up a chant on another site the day before which happens to have the same tune but different lyrics means I copied it? Think about the chances of me having visited that page which has a totally different chant on it.

Madness.

Â