New version

limpid

Question

I'm releasing a "new" version of the app. This is the regular tapatalk version so is a downgrade. I need to understand the release mechanism better. If anyone has < 4.0 devices, please can they test those?

Sorry to be a pain.

The play store allows me to set up a beta, I'm about to find out exactly what that means and how I add beta testers. More news when I have it.

19 answers to this question

Is there a general 'feedback' thread for this? I installed and used it for the first time last night during the Chelsea game and was very impressed. I noticed a few things but they don't warrant a thread of their own.

It still is in English :-)  I'll rephrase.  While attempting to quote a post made by villaajax and add my own response beneath it, upon submitting the new post, the software just replicated villaajax's post as my own.  It even removed the quote marks.  It literally replicated his post as my own.

I also had another crash like the one I reported previously.  It is definitely a limitation on the amount of nested quotes.  If a page contains a post with too big of a nest, then the app dies.

Re- the beta.  I don't have that.  I'll download it and see.

I still don't understand what you are trying to describe, you makes it sound like the app is editing the original post instead of quoting it. However, it's probably the same bug we found previously when we implemented the maximum of 3 quotes per message. I've upped the limit of nested quotes, but seriously? 10 nested quotes? How can that be valid?

Do we need a new posting guideline to stop people doing that?

If you navigate back to a page you've already been at and it presents you with a refresh button and the message that there may be new posts since your last visit, that refresh button never works. It stays pretending to refresh but doesn't. You have to use the normal refresh method.

Tried the beta and it wouldn't work. Stayed 'loading' with an almost blank screen for ages. So I'm back on the app store version. Page 1504 of Lambert thread crashes it and I see there are 7 nest and 8 nest quoted posts on that page. So we know 8 is a no-no.

Â