Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the Bellamy rumour would go away. Horrible bloke.

I think the fact that our "interest" seems to have cooled somewhat recently is good news as it shows MON has no intention of being fleeced for £12million by Liverpool for Bellamy and on a grander scale informs us as fans and potential buyers that we aren't in the business of throwing money away, which is good to know.

Its worked its way up from the mail though, which i think gives it more and more credibility as it goes.

If there was nothing to it, each separate media outlet wouldn't copy the story from another.

Thats the problem Baggie Bill probably copied from here....:suspect:

You would be surprised how lazy the media is.

That Sneijder link wont go away.

Because each story basically copies from the previous....

Mon was actually at an Ajax game the other day to watch Sneidjer though so i think it would be frivolous to assume that this story is purely a fabrication by Bill Howell simply because of the notion that he may read this site, this link has been hanging around for ages and no-one from the club has denied it, i for one hope we get the kid and i'd like to think Mon feels the same.

Its worked its way up from the mail though, which i think gives it more and more credibility as it goes.

If there was nothing to it, each separate media outlet wouldn't copy the story from another.

Perhaps but id be surprised if it had been carried by so many with nothing to it. A number of the reports do state that MON watched him during the Ajax AZ game also so if that's true we are definitely interested. I hope so anyway.

Perhaps but id be surprised if it had been carried by so many with nothing to it. A number of the reports do state that MON watched him during the Ajax AZ game also so if that's true we are definitely interested. I hope so anyway.

Yeah, you could be right there.

It is a bit insane :P

One thing I do tend to ponder from time to time. If not Bellamy or Defoe, then who?

MON might not have a striker in mind? all depends on what formation he wants to play next season. Personally, I would like to see a top class striker come in... someone who you know will hit 20 in a season. If not then it will be Carew, Gabby and Moore to pick from.

I hear Harewood is available? :crylaugh: sorry, a poor joke lol

Seriously though... we'll all have to watch out where Bent goes. If spurs sign him then Defoe will be available? If liverpool reduce their price by half then Bellamy could be wearing claret and blue (thats villa or the fakes aka cheats!)

Reo-Coker seems not to be part of a chain involving several clubs, if what is predicted comes to pass, who has the better deal, and who has the worst deal?

West Ham: Scott Parker for Nigel Reo-Coker

Newcastle: Joey Barton for Scott Parker

Villa: Nigel Reo-Coker for (Gavin McCann?)

Man City: Joey Barton for 5.5M

Reo-Coker seems not to be part of a chain involving several clubs, if what is predicted comes to pass, who has the better deal, and who has the worst deal?

West Ham: Scott Parker for Nigel Reo-Coker

Newcastle: Joey Barton for Scott Parker

Villa: Nigel Reo-Coker for (Gavin McCann?)

Man City: Joey Barton for 5.5M

Gavin MacCann to blues

Mon was actually at an Ajax game the other day to watch Sneidjer though so i think it would be frivolous to assume that this story is purely a fabrication by Bill Howell simply because of the notion that he may read this site, this link has been hanging around for ages and no-one from the club has denied it, i for one hope we get the kid and i'd like to think Mon feels the same.

Give us a link. Also where he confitms Sneijder as a target and not 1 of the other 21+ players on show, please.

Give us a link. Also where he confitms Sneijder as a target and not 1 of the other 21+ players on show, please.

Thats true, the club dont come out and to confirm or deny anything these days.

MON could have been watching anyone at that game, nobody knows if its Sneidjer its just speculation which this thread is for but imo MON is not interested.

Yes have seen the link with Smith, he would have been a good signing but we got Carew instead and his unwillingness to come on loan shows an attitude of thinking that he is too good when he actually isn't. Also seen that Gilardino is available for £16m so West Ham will probably offer £40m and £3m per week and still get turned down!

If Davis and Moore are going to go then I want Defoe and Sneijder, would help soften the blow to say the least!

Yes have seen the link with Smith, he would have been a good signing but we got Carew instead and his unwillingness to come on loan shows an attitude of thinking that he is too good when he actually isn't. Also seen that Gilardino is available for £16m so West Ham will probably offer £40m and £3m per week and still get turned down!

If Davis and Moore are going to go then I want Defoe and Sneijder, would help soften the blow to say the least!

I could go for some of that! :D