Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Check these out if you havent already:

"""Some guy i know's nephew goes to school with Craig Bellamy's son and his son told the guys nephew that he was moving to birmingham at the end of the term, which lead us to believe that Bellamy may be moving to Aston Villa.

Kenneth Rushworth - Widnes

Aston Villa are going to splash the cash within the next month, with the signings of Craig Bellamy, Nigel Reo-Coker, Wesley Sneijder, Urby Emanuelson, Craig Gordon, Darren Bent and Cristian Zaccardo.

Dan Matthews - Rugeley, Staffordshire"""

I know they mean nothing but still a good read. Imagine if the second 1 came true. This thread would explode!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have just heard a rumour from a guy at work, i work in a private leisure centre and i got talking to a guy about football, and he assured me that his mate who is a private investigator was given a job on someone in a hotel in leicester and he texted him while on the job saying that MON was havin a meeting with none other than Jermaine Defoe. i am in no way suggesting this rumour to be true before people start hating me if this doesnt happen, im just saying what this guy told me, to be fair he doesnt seem the bullshitting type. he is adamant this is not a made up rumour.

thoughts??

My first thoughts were that this was a satirical attack on the kind of transfer post we had in January.

My revised thoughts are that you are very naive if you expect anyone to treat such a tenuous link with any degree of credibility.

"""Some guy i know's nephew goes to school with Craig Bellamy's son and his son told the guys nephew that he was moving to birmingham at the end of the term, which lead us to believe that Bellamy may be moving to Aston Villa.

Aston Villa are going to splash the cash within the next month, with the signings of Craig Bellamy, Nigel Reo-Coker, Wesley Sneijder, Urby Emanuelson, Craig Gordon, Darren Bent and Cristian Zaccardo.

I know they mean nothing but still a good read. Imagine if the second 1 came true. This thread would explode!

you wont be liked for that mate :winkold:

you wont be liked for that mate :winkold:

I though id take the attention off Viva because his unfairly getting hammered for his private investigator post.

i have just heard a rumour from a guy at work, i work in a private leisure centre and i got talking to a guy about football, and he assured me that his mate who is a private investigator was given a job on someone in a hotel in leicester and he texted him while on the job saying that MON was havin a meeting with none other than Jermaine Defoe. i am in no way suggesting this rumour to be true before people start hating me if this doesnt happen, im just saying what this guy told me, to be fair he doesnt seem the bullshitting type. he is adamant this is not a made up rumour.

It's True It's True! ... i was the guy standing at the bar who served them both a drink! 8)

I though id take the attention off Viva because his unfairly getting hammered for his private investigator post.

There are a number of sites where posts like Vivas are accepted and even welcomed, I really dont think this is one of them. Generally people dont post links like that unless they hear first hand from a credible source and are that convinced by it that to an extent they are willing to stake their rep on it.

So in that context i dont really think he's getting a hammering at all.

call me gullible and naive but i'm beginning to believe that the guy working for the football agency might be telling the truth.His posts are very convincing.

Yeah i noticed that aswell. 1 STRONG reliable source.

I think eyes should be glued to this guys posts.

Jermaine Defoe, Nigel Reo-Coker and Luke Young might be very realistic targets for MON. I would be very pleased with those signings...

And after those deals we head for the BIG BOYS in Europe to sign. Sign ´em up MON! :lol:

Sneijder and Huntelaar here we come!

To be fair, after 605 pages, and proberly 270 of them dedicated to signing Defoe.. i actually dunno where i stand on if id like to see him at Villa Park. :o

I guess if it don't happen then just get ready for another 200+ pages to sign him in Januarys transfer thread! :bang:

do u think we ud get defoe id say 10 million is fair for him

Only if Spuds get Bent.

Deals rely on other deals.

Bent to Spuds > Defoe to Villa

Parker to West Am > Barton to Barcodes > NRC to Villa

Each deal relies on the one beforehand imo.

I don't think it will work like that. Particularly not in the case of Reo-Coker. He is transfer listed and definately on his way out of the club this summer anyway, so it doesn't really matter when they sell.

I don't think it will work like that. Particularly not in the case of Reo-Coker. He is transfer listed and definately on his way out of the club this summer anyway, so it doesn't really matter when they sell.

Hmm yeah your right there Patrick i forgot about that.

I still think a lot of deals depend on other players being bought/sold etc.