Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

but with Abramovic saying he isnt going to throw money at the club anymore

He's since said that he was misquoted, and that he is going to carry on throwing money at them.

oh has he?

balls!

i still reckon they are trying to go in a different direction when it comes to transfers.2 years ago they would have never signed a player like sidwell on a free. i just hope they are willing to listen to offers for Shaun.

Surely its worth at least one more bid for him

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... GlastonSpur said that the deal for Bent was 95% done - that was weeks ago too! ...

Just a slight correction: I didn't say the deal was 95% done, I said that I was 95% certain he'll sign for Spurs (this remains my view) - there's a difference between the two things.

However, we are now around 2 weeks further on from my earlier posting, and I believe there's a good chance that a deal may be publicly announced sometime before the end of next week.

Here's hoping that my moving to correct a slight misrepresentation of what I previously said won't attract any great degree of hostility .

God you're one little annoying dude!

How can you be so stupid that you log into a Villa forum, which is rather weird on it's own, and claim your precious little club are 95% certain to sign a player you aren't even strongly linked with? I haven't seen a single article on SkySports, TEAMtalk, SoccerNet or any of the reliable sites. Have you been visiting Harry the Hotspur.com or something? Please tell us why you are 95% certain of him signing, because if it's just wishful thinking you should have kept it to yourself or written it on a Tottenham forum.

I am not saying he won't end up there, well since I am writing this I am going to end up with eggs on my face. You don't have to be a genius to understand that Spurs are one of the clubs in the fold, but so are 10 other clubs in my opinion.

I think we do run a danger of maybe missing out on a number of targets as it seems to be stacking up that other clubs will pinch who we are (linked) with........

NRC may well go to Arsenal or Newcastle

Parker to WHU to be with Curbs

Schneider has or will likely to be going to Valencia

Distin has gone to Pompey

Curtis Davies may go to Arsenal

Defoe may well go to Pompey too

Jagielka likely to go to Everton

Bellamy may go to Blackburn

Bent may go to Spurs

Taylor may go to Liverpool or stay at Pompey

So I hope and I trust Martin O'Neill has others lined up and can pull a few masterstrokes in the transfer market..........he will surprise us all i think and get a couple of top players who we may not have been linked with yet (or kept hush hush). The above list may just all be paper speculation and may not be targets of MON at all! Smokescreen perhaps.

Anyway. just like Utd have pulled off a coup with Nani and Anderson, so can Villa and back O'Neill and Randy to do the business in the transfer market. They are shrewd cookies.

I wouldn't mind if we bought in

Boruc

Luke Young

Matty Taylor

Scharner/Tonge

Zat Knight

Nugent

What do others think?

:)

Boruc

Luke Young

Matty Taylor

Scharner/Tonge

Zat Knight

Nugent

What do others think?

That would could probably aim higher.

However anyone on that list I wouldn't be against joining. But I would hope that they would be supplimented by at least one or two better players as well.

As far as I know we haven't been linked with Parker, Davies or Bent for that matter, and I don't really think the Sneijder thing is something that exists. It came from here didn't it? Went on to icBrum and it continued before it hit the walls of TribalFootball, which is a very fine site indeed.

Zat Night? What on earth would he do here?

Michael Tonge? He isn't even good enough for our reserves!

Paul Scharner? He is like Ridgewell, and he is our 4th choice so no thank you