Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

And Bellamy definatly isnt a top signing in my book. He can **** off... if we sign him i will actually be pissed.

I see this alot from people.

What will you do?

Not support Villa? No..?

Not even give the player a chance?...No?

Write the player off before he has even played in a Villa shirt?...No?

Decide that you know more than a professional football manager?

Not every signing will please everyone.

Lets just give the new guys a chance, hey guys!

We signed anyone yet? :wink:

We would only do that if they changed the badge or didn't by anyone before the end of Whitsun week! GRRRR!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people on here is allergic to making valid questions on the transfer policy just because we have MON and Lerner

Or maybe rational thinking people are prepared to give it more than just a couple of weeks since the season finished before we start questioning the transfer policy.

It's ridiculous to question randy at this stage in the year just like it was on the 3rd of january when similar things were being posted.

Not support Villa? No..?

Not even give the player a chance?...No?

Write the player off before he has even played in a Villa shirt?...No?

Decide that you know more than a professional football manager?

Ofc. you want to turn this into an arguement (shocker windbag guru 1) about who knows better then me and MON, but thats not the issue. MON doesnt mean shit when it comes to my feelings and opinions about players Villa sign. Some people find whatever the manager does is right. I dont. Im not gonna shout at the players i dont like, im not gonna be a prick, but i have no intention of cheering on idiots i dislike as human beeings.

So you won't cheer if Bellamy scores us the winner in the Cup final? Hypocrite warning! You would be as happy as the rest of us if you are a true fan. Anorweign may even go for the whole 'Maggie Thatcher...Your boys took a hell of a beating!'

I'm off to **** bed...i hate the transfer window...too many friggin sleepless nights and clicking of the refresh button!!!See you all tommorow and hope i wake up to "snide MON captures Sneidjer"...or some shite to that effect.....i'm half asleep and writing bollocks after another dissappointing day!!!HAVE FAITH!!!

I'm off to **** bed...i hate the transfer window...too many friggin sleepless nights and clicking of the refresh button!!!See you all tommorow and hope i wake up to "snide MON captures Sneidjer"...or some shite to that effect.....i'm half asleep and writing bollocks after another dissappointing day!!!HAVE FAITH!!!

:lol: I know what you mean, i hate the wait but when we sign someone its great!! I know this year also we are going to have a few good players to be excited about so thats why im not worried!

Loving that Sneijder idea also, out of all the players we are linked to, he is my number one target, i would be ecstatic if we signed him!

but what quality is coming our way...that is a very important question to make.

Why is it?

You won't get an answer untill the end of the transfer window, so why start moaning and being negative 3 months before that time comes?

Who is moaning and being negative? I can say one thing and that is that I´m not naive...

I worry about Aston Villa FC until I see proof we wont be runned over in the transfer market. Expectations is high and I just hope that the club forfill the promise they´ve made to the fans or it will be a sad summer. Some people on here is allergic to making valid questions on the transfer policy just because we have MON and Lerner. Have any of them promised you success so that you already have all the true facts available for you?

Stop telling me what to say and what to do in a thread that is clearly made for this kind of discussions. If you dont like to read this you can visit another thread that wont bother you about people being worried.

We are fans of Aston Villa FC and it is natural that we care and that we feel tense about this...

Even Rafa Benitez is showing concerns about what players he can attract to Liverpool...and HE HAS ALL THE FACTS!

We dont know anything and the press is going crazy on linking us with all kind of players...some good...and some would not improve us at all.

Let me worry about my favourite club Aston Villa FC.

The thread is rumours, speculation, suggestions by the way.

Some people on here is allergic to making valid questions on the transfer policy just because we have MON and Lerner

Or maybe rational thinking people are prepared to give it more than just a couple of weeks since the season finished before we start questioning the transfer policy.

It's ridiculous to question randy at this stage in the year just like it was on the 3rd of january when similar things were being posted.

This makes me go crazy! WHO QUESTIONS LERNER OR MON? I dont...but I still worry about the club. Is that such a shocking thing to do?

There are a lot of players on the market that have been considered by top four clubs but just havent been signed and probably wont...this is the type of player we need to look at...just cos you cant make it first team at a big four club doesnt mean they arent a significant improvement on what we have...Also we should go abroad where we can use the fact that we are in the Premiership to are advantage...in England we can only attract average players at extortionate prices...abroad we can be a lot more productive especially since there are an abundance of players who fit our problem areas...

Players to consider...

We have spoken a lot about the holding role...There seems to be loads of them in France...now the likes of Yaya Toure, Jeremy Menez, Alou Diarra, Makoun II have all been sought at some point but players have been chosen over them from the big 4...

In terms of a centre back and left back...Abidal would be a good bet...was sought by Arsenal and is a French international...another possible left back could be Taye Taiwo...

Revellierre would be a good signing at right back...

Boruc and Gordan look good...

Upfront i quite like our strikeforce but would sign Beattie as a backup to Carew...

So for me i would sign....

Revelliere

Abidal

Gordan

Diarra

Beattie

That would be a good summer for me...

As ever I will keep an open mind on the whole transfer situation, what will be will be in my opinion, we will just have to sit back (and relax a little, some of us) and see what transpires in the coming weeks. I am eager for us to sign some top players tomorrow, but, sadly it seems to take a time to sign a player, ahh well, not too worry folks, we have the Master in charge ;-)

Why is it?

You won't get an answer untill the end of the transfer window, so why start moaning and being negative 3 months before that time comes?

Who is moaning and being negative? I can say one thing and that is that I´m not naive...

I worry about Aston Villa FC until I see proof we wont be runned over in the transfer market. Expectations is high and I just hope that the club forfill the promise they´ve made to the fans or it will be a sad summer. Some people on here is allergic to making valid questions on the transfer policy just because we have MON and Lerner. Have any of them promised you success so that you already have all the true facts available for you?

Stop telling me what to say and what to do in a thread that is clearly made for this kind of discussions. If you dont like to read this you can visit another thread that wont bother you about people being worried.

We are fans of Aston Villa FC and it is natural that we care and that we feel tense about this...

Even Rafa Benitez is showing concerns about what players he can attract to Liverpool...and HE HAS ALL THE FACTS!

We dont know anything and the press is going crazy on linking us with all kind of players...some good...and some would not improve us at all.

Meaning what? Dont you read my post? That is exactly what I meant...this is a thread where it is allowed to open up your mind and thoughts about transfers, rumours and suggestions around Aston Villa FC. Why does everyone need to say "blue" and when you say "red" people jump at you because you either said "blue" wrong or you are an idiot not thinking the same as some untouchable on here.

This makes me go crazy! WHO QUESTIONS LERNER OR MON? I dont...but I still worry about the club. Is that such a shocking thing to do?

you said yourself your questioning the clubs transfer policy, we surely thats questioning randy and mon as they are the 2 main people involved in our transfer policy.

And like i said why ask questions about our transfer policy this early? why not give the club time to show us what they have planned.

Why is it?

Meaning what? Dont you read my post? That is exactly what I meant...this is a thread where it is allowed to open up your mind and thoughts about transfers, rumours and suggestions around Aston Villa FC. Why does everyone need to say "blue" and when you say "red" people jump at you because you either said "blue" wrong or you are an idiot not thinking the same as some untouchable on here.

I can see you didn't take that quote from Confucius!

Ok so what are your rumours, speculations or suggestions? I really do want to know!

And yes we have been told that we have significant funds by the people who know what are funds are, ie Richard FitzGerald. He certainly hasn't let me down yet so why dont you start a new thread for worried people and stick it up your arse. :D

you said yourself your questioning the clubs transfer policy, we surely thats questioning randy and mon as they are the 2 main people involved in our transfer policy.

And like i said why ask questions about our transfer policy this early? why not give the club time to show us what they have planned.

I dont question their plans for transfers, it would be utterly stupid to do that when I havent got a clue on what it is...so that is not what I meant at all.

The only thing I meant was that I do worry, for the sake of AVFC...and with that it comes questions about what players MON are after. In the long run I am sure that MON and Lerner is the absolute best team to bring success to AVFC. I dont have any doubts about that...but for the summer it can be quite hard for us to clinch good deals because we dont play in Europe and there are sooo many clubs around that wants a bite of the cake too.

If you not grab and go you might end up losing the battle...that is what my concern is about.

As they´ve said themselves..."IF we not get any big signings it wont be because lack of trying". I would really hate to see that sentence used...BUT they have said it themselves so they are not sure what they can bring to Villa Park. Of course this get people (me) concerned when you see good targets and good players go to teams in the same category as us. I´m just saying that it is natural to worry about your favourite club no matter what...and I get annoyed at people telling me what to say, think or do...like if I was stupid or something.

Lets just make it hypothetical now...would you be happy getting this players and we went into 1 September:

Boruc

McShane

Taylor

Naismith

Kewell

Tainio

Koumas

Byhill

What would your reaction be on these players adding to our squad? It is just an example and a hypothetical question because no one on this site knows anything about who we realistically can get into the squad. This is also MON´s first summer transfermarket and we really dont know how good he is on getting people to AVFC. Just be honest and stop writing "Aaaaarghhhhh" and other things that is quite disrespectful.

MON is an Irishman, renowned for being shrewed, so he most obviously won't let anyone be looking into his cards until the time is right. Randy Learner has little to no idea about football, but is a very clever buisnesman, so I can't see too much comming out of Villa Park before it really happens, like late in the closed season.

Rafa Benitez, on the other hand has a bit of a megaphone about him, almost scaring his new owners into spending big time, complaining about lack of funds etc.

I can't see it being a recepie for success, but some do.

Your dead right about asking too early.

He's being linked with west ham. Bit of a waste of his talent.

He won't go there. West Ham are going to be bidding for players left, right and centre this summer in the hope of improving their squad - and they will do, that's what money does. With the news of Paker today, they clearly have money to spend, I'd be surprised to see him go there though unless he wants to go back to his London routes, in which if that is the case (he is one of those sorta players that wants to be living in the bright lights of London), beggars the question of why he moved to Newcastle in the first place?! I think West Ham will bid for many players and not gain their signatures.

With the news of Utd spending 51mill on three midfielders, I don't think they're going to be going out and buying a striker for more than 15mill to be honest. This leaves me to believe that they themselves might fancy Bent at 12mill. Hope I'm wrong though.

If Utd aren't in the running, I see the race for his signature between ourselves and Spurs - don't think he'd join there though as he is one who will want to be first choice, too much rotation going on at the lane. GlastonSpur said that the deal for Bent was 95% done - that was weeks ago too! I think he's Villa bound as long as none of the big boys come in for him.

I also still see us in the market for SWP. MON is clearly a massive fan, and when he wants to get someone of that ability, he'll continue until he gets him. (Strikes me as that kinda fella). The news that Roman is going to continue spending at Chelsea can only help Villa for his signature as Mourinho will have the funds to replace him. 10mill should see us sign him.

I'm still very confident of us obtaining both Bent and SWP - SWP's especially.