Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point of unloading dead weight only to pick more up on the cheap? Yes I do understand a bit about squad football, and the necessity if you are going out with ambitions to play in 3 or even 4 competitions, and agreed, if MON recons that Bellamy may be worth it, but Kewel? He'd be better off playing championship football, if at all.

Is anyone panicking? :?

Yes..I have had an itch in my ass for a week now and I cant get rid off it! I try a load of medicine but it wont go away. Maybe I should try another chair to sit on when I visit Villatalk, because I tend to sit far too long on this site...but it is so addictive...

Well...a man gotta do what a man gotta do...it sux but still...if we get a signing by tomorrow I think I can get my behind a breather. :lol:

BTW...I think we get someone in on friday... :winkold: Signing there is.... :oops:

As a round up so people don't panic, cannot see anyone panicking mind but hey...

• [*:3bfd40662a]Arsenal
    Lukasz Fabianski (undisc.)
    [*:3bfd40662a]Aston Villa
    None.
    [*:3bfd40662a]Birmingham City
    Fabrice Muamba (undisc.)
    [*:3bfd40662a]Blackburn Rovers
    None.
    [*:3bfd40662a]Bolton Wanderers
    Blerim Dzemaili (free)
    Gerald Cid (free)
    Zoltan Harsanyi (undisc)
    Jlloyd Samuel (free)
    [*:3bfd40662a]Chelsea
    Steve Sidwell (free)
    [*:3bfd40662a]Derby
    None
    [*:3bfd40662a]Everton
    Tim Howard (undisc.)
    [*:3bfd40662a]Fulham
    None.
    [*:3bfd40662a]Liverpool
    Lucas Leiva (undisc.)
    Andriy Voronin (free)
    [*:3bfd40662a]Manchester City
    None.
    [*:3bfd40662a]Manchester United
    None.
    [*:3bfd40662a]Middlesbrough
    Jonathan Woodgate (£7million)
    [*:3bfd40662a]Newcastle United
    None.
    [*:3bfd40662a]Portsmouth
    Sylvain Distin (free)
    Hermann Hreidarsson (free)
    [*:3bfd40662a]Reading
    Kalifa Cisse (undisc.)
    [*:3bfd40662a]Sunderland
    None.
    [*:3bfd40662a]Tottenham Hotspur
    Gareth Bale (£5million)
    [*:3bfd40662a]West Ham
    None.
    [*:3bfd40662a]Wigan Athletic
    None.

I have not said anything about Kewell have I ?

people need to understand that what we might see are two/three big signings and some cheappies, just like the winter, that is the template.

I back MON on any signings even Bellamy maybe !!!

You just mentioned him in your supposed midfield line-up :lol:

People need to understand, or is that the Robo enforced VT opnion?

We all back MON and I trust too that he knows what he is doing the most important thing, is what he considers a competitive squad, and I hope that it is Kewell-less.

In January I was one of the ones who was moaning about being led a merry dnace about signings.

I got egg on my face and I will choose to wait until Aug 31st 2007 before I make any criticisms.

BTW MON is renowned for late purchases in the transfer windows.

The liverplop echo article about bellend and kewell

Villa line up Anfield double swoop

May 29 2007

by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

ASTON VILLA and Spurs are ready to offer Harry Kewell a fresh start away from Anfield as Rafa Benitez targets left winger Florent Malouda.

The Midlands club are exploring the possibility of signing both Kewell and Craig Bellamy over the summer.

Liverpool hope to double their money on the £6m they paid for Bellamy a year ago, but Kewell, with only a year left on his contract, would be available at a knockdown price.

The Aussie showed signs he is fully recovered from injury during the closing weeks of the season, but he remains one of the club’s top earners and Benitez is ready to listen to offers.

Tottenham, who showed an interest in the 28-year-old last summer, are also considering a move.

Benitez already has the untried left winger Sebastian Leto in the bag, and Lyon’s Malouda is also one of the Spaniard’s top targets.

Benitez, currently on a family holiday, is waiting for the green light to proceed on the Malouda deal, which would cost around £8m.

The Anfield boss is hoping a move can be finalised before the end of the week, but that depends on confirmation funds are in place to make such a purchase.

Malouda has made no secret of his desire to leave France.

A member of the French World Cup squad, the 26-year-old has enjoyed a superb season and has been on Benitez’s list of targets for the last few months.

Also under discussion have been West Ham’s Carlos Tevez and Roma’s exciting Brazilian winger Alesandro Mancini, who Benitez tried to sign two years ago.

However, before supporters get too carried away, the combined cost of this attacking duo would be in excess of £30m, plus the demand of a hefty salary, shifting the focus yet again on how much Benitez actually has to spend.

Benitez’s one guarantee of funds will come from player sales, which is why players like Kewell and Bellamy would be willingly sacrificed.

Meanwhile, Portsmouth and Newcastle are hoping to tempt Sami Hyypia away from Anfield, but Benitez is likely to keep the Finn for a final season at Anfield.

Mark Gonzalez, Bolo Zenden and Robbie Fowler are already confirmed departures.

Clicky...

Jez_Villa: Liverpool has signed two more than what you noted in your post. Hungarian pair...Krizstian Nemeth (striker) and another that I dont remember name. Nemeth is quite a promising lad...

Added: The name of the other hungarian player is: Andras Simon

They are both 17 years old...

spurs have to get in the way always now

Like they did when we signed Ashley Young?

:lol:

How many times do you want to say that mate,

Well I have said it a couple of times but I fail to see the Spurs inferiority complex that has been contracted by a great number of Villa fans.

Spurs FFS!

Not Man Utd, not Arsenal, not Chelsea or Liverpool, but shitty Spurs, who moan every day of the week and ring up talksport and moan to H&J on an afternoon about how they should be title challengers!

:bang:

Updated thanks to Tri

• [*:9370378da0]Arsenal
    Lukasz Fabianski (undisc.)
    [*:9370378da0]Aston Villa
    None.
    [*:9370378da0]Birmingham City
    Fabrice Muamba (undisc.)
    [*:9370378da0]Blackburn Rovers
    None.
    [*:9370378da0]Bolton Wanderers
    Blerim Dzemaili (free)
    Gerald Cid (free)
    Zoltan Harsanyi (undisc)
    Jlloyd Samuel (free)
    [*:9370378da0]Chelsea
    Steve Sidwell (free)
    [*:9370378da0]Derby
    None
    [*:9370378da0]Everton
    Tim Howard (undisc.)
    [*:9370378da0]Fulham
    None.
    [*:9370378da0]Liverpool
    Lucas Leiva (undisc.)
    Andriy Voronin (free)
    Krizstian Nemeth
    Andras Simon
    [*:9370378da0]Manchester City
    None.
    [*:9370378da0]Manchester United
    None.
    [*:9370378da0]Middlesbrough
    Jonathan Woodgate (£7million)
    [*:9370378da0]Newcastle United
    None.
    [*:9370378da0]Portsmouth
    Sylvain Distin (free)
    Hermann Hreidarsson (free)
    [*:9370378da0]Reading
    Kalifa Cisse (undisc.)
    [*:9370378da0]Sunderland
    None.
    [*:9370378da0]Tottenham Hotspur
    Gareth Bale (£5million)
    [*:9370378da0]West Ham
    None.
    [*:9370378da0]Wigan Athletic
    None.

They are at least a couple of years ahead of us though Ali however way you look at it. Europe 2 seasons in a row, 'best of the rest' 2 seasons in a row; we're still a way of that, well for starters we're not in europe next year ;)

What's the point of unloading dead weight only to pick more up on the cheap? Yes I do understand a bit about squad football, and the necessity if you are going out with ambitions to play in 3 or even 4 competitions, and agreed, if MON recons that Bellamy may be worth it, but Kewel? He'd be better off playing championship football, if at all.

midfield deadwood leaving or left:

djemba djemba

hendrie

whittingham

berson

Mccann (possibly leaving)

Kewell is a much better midfielder than any of those

therefore it would be an improvement - not a massive one but still an improvement

i really dont see the problem with getting kewell on the cheap

Jez_Villa: Liverpool has signed two more than what you noted in your post. Hungarian pair...Krizstian Nemeth (striker) and another that I dont remember name. Nemeth is quite a promising lad...

Added: The name of the other hungarian player is: Andras Simon

They are both 17 years old...

That Nemeth is mint on FM. Scored bag loads for me, nice finishing and composure.......WHY DID WE MISS OUT!!! GRRRR

Dont see Kewell as an improvement when he struggles to play more than a handful of games.

To be honest I cant see MON buying him with his injury past as im sure he saw enough on the treatment table when he arrived ;)

We already have Berger as the old pro, prone to niggling injuries.

If we get Kewell, we'll get a big ego, 2 games a season, and his irritating wife.

:winkold:

how does kewell have a big ego?

and look how laursen has performed after 2 years out injured?

how can we just write kewell off when we have seen what can be achieved even after crippling injuries?

the guy is a GOOD footballer, that doesnt go away

if we got him....it would only take a good debut for people to start saying "kewell could prove to be a great signing, bags of skill and a decent cross on him"

The fact that him and his agent screwed Leeds Utd over with his transfer from Leeds to Liverpool?

The fact that he has played a handful of games with very little impact over the past 3-4 years.

The fact that he appears on footballers cribs - IMO any footballer with an ounce of respect would not appear on that tacky show.