Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats logic of Liverpool, we would do the same. All this we haven't signed anyone business is starting to do my head in, theres no point of signing players who will not improve the team. We are not slow we are using logic, assessing the market. This is not FM where you can just sign anybody. We had the same fans in Jan window crying we didn't sign anyone on Jan 1st.

Rumours are Ribery is going to Bayern Munich.

It seems alot of people do!! 12 Million is extortionate, especially when the money could be better spent elsewhere.... why do you always try to pick a fight?? i.e. referring to Petrov?? :roll:

Surely it doesn't matter though, who cares if MON and Randy think its worth it and can be afforded, they once again know more than us!

Could be better spent elsewhere? How do you know this?

I dunno what you on about referring to Petrov i didn't mention him at all :?

I do think all our deals should be undisclosed so fans cannot use that reason to have a go at players as it really doesn't matter in regard to the price!

Of course it does, it should represent the type of player we are getting!!

And of course money could be spent better elsewhere, Bellamy is nothing but trouble!!

It's not a stick to beat them with, in Young I can see the value in Petrov I can't... it's all preportionate!

MON will not pay 12m for Bellamy and I dont think Curbishley either so take it easy people. MON will look at Bellamy and if he can get him for between 6-8m I think he'll take a punt. They'll be no bidding war for bellamy. Some players are worth a bidding war and playing over the odds but there are enough alternatives to bellamy to make paying over the odds unneccessary. If the price approaches 9-10m he'll go for defoe instead. If the prices go towards 12m he'll look at Bent.

12 million is a total p*ss take IMO.

I am getting a bit annoyed that decent players are getting snapped up by clubs. If Everton get jagielka I'll be very annoyed.

I really hope we don't make a move for Phil Bardsley instead of Jagielka.

Here's a list of all players signed so far. I think there is only one or maybe two on there that I would have taken

Frank Sinclair? :D

I'd have taken Bale but not for 10m. Not that he isnt a great prospect but at the end of the day he's a left back and a 17yr old one at that. 10m is a helluva lot of money.

And what if those players were not on MON's list because he has someone else lined up?

Bale and Distin are about the only two decent players that have moved so far. I really think people need to calm down a bit

Just cos we cant think of a better alternative than Distin doesnt mean MON cant. I'm with Richard. I havent seen any business yet that has made me envious or frustrated.

PS According to the Mirror, Taylor is gonna cost 5m.