Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

FWIW I seriously doubt we will sign him.

Agreed....I just can't beleive Pompey with new owners are willing to let him leave unless there is a really good reason or his contract is not that long and they think they might as well cash in on him.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless O'Halloran is sent out on loan, I'd be surprised if he didn't get a shot at the first team this year for whatever reason. With Barry, Bouma and O'Halloran all able to play LB, I don't think we really need Taylor.

Taylor played in midfield this season jellycopter, and it's also desireable not to have to unsettle Barry every time we need cover at leftback. Barry has become too important to do that.

I see Barry being more in the centre next season, he excelled in there towards the end of things. Thats why Matty Taylor would be a great addition, he can play left or central.....has a great shot on him and is a great crosser.......

Bouma is the left back and if he is injured , then Taylor or Barry can deputise.

Brilliant signing IMHO :D

Taylor would be a great signing but i doubt he will leave Pompy at the most exciting time in their history. That would have been like Barry living us last season.

I think the key here is that Pompey do not have Europe, and of the 2 teams we are as likely if not more likely to be challenging for it next season.

Taylor would be a great signing but i doubt he will leave Pompy at the most exciting time in their history. That would have been like Barry living us last season.

I think the key here is that Pompey do not have Europe, and of the 2 teams we are as likely if not more likely to be challenging for it next season.

Good point but I think he would give them another season to see if he can help them get to Europe before making that move. I could be wrong.

yeah plus pompey have just brought in 3 new players which could keep the pompey fans sweet should taylor leave.had pompey not signed distin,muntari and the bloke from charlton there would be no chance of us signing taylor but now i feel there is a good chance of getting him.

I think he'd be a good signing, our midfield will be looking stronger, hopefully we'll get a real tough tackling defensive midfielder too, but out of Young, Barry, Petrov, Gardner, Berger, Maloney, Taylor? and a DM we'd have a fairly strong midfield selection

I certainly think it is one of the factors. I think the other has to do with location, surprisingly enough. And the third is Martin O'Neill.

I've lived in Pompey for years now and Matty Taylor is nothing more than an average prem performer. Kieran is right, he does work very hard but you dont get much more of a contribution. He get the odd spectacular goal but thats only a few times a season and over 40 games he aint too hot. I would be very happy with him as cover, and then obviously he'd have to get in the side on merit but if he's having 'talks' with Villa why haven't pompey confirmed a bid has being accepted.

He scored 9 goals last season.

Which is a good return, but in the games where he doesnt find the net he doesnt do anything.

yeah plus pompey have just brought in 3 new players which could keep the pompey fans sweet should taylor leave.had pompey not signed distin,muntari and the bloke from charlton there would be no chance of us signing taylor but now i feel there is a good chance of getting him.

I would say the complete opposite. If Pompy did not bring any players in and he is an ambitious player then he would leave. But as they are already showing there intentions on competing and it probably hasn't stoped there he'd be crazy to leave. Surely loyalty stands for something.

It might be the most exciting time in THEIR history but thats still not very exciting. Gaydamac is not as rich as the papers think and most of his money is tied up with the new ground anyway. On the subject of the ground, its around 5-10 yrs away yet and they train on a school.

If the rumours are that Taylor wants to play for a club closer to home.If MON really wants him. Then reckon this is as close to a transfer deal that we have seen for far. I would be very happy with this. Geography can play as big a part in a transfer as wages etc.

As well as Barry, Taylor has been crying out for and England call up and gives could give us a lot of versatility on the left.

Sign him up.

I would say the complete opposite. If Pompy did not bring any players in and he is an ambitious player then he would leave. But as they are already showing there intentions on competing and it probably hasn't stoped there he'd be crazy to leave. Surely loyalty stands for something.

i suppose it could work both ways yeah your right.I feel that o`neill would not have let samuel go today if he wasnt going to bring in cover on the left maybe taylor is it and i am not being biased here but if i was taylor i would sign with villa. :D