Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

boruc is around 26-27 whcih is just around getting to the start of his prime

keepers can carry on until around 36 aswell and still be top class

look at David James for example he's around 36 and playing the best football of his career

i would prefer boruc, as ive heard better things about him. but i would take gordon vldly aswell

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look of Doyle, tink he would fit in well or Ashton ....

honestly I don't think we need a small nippy forward, we have two of them ....

i agree with this

imo ashton and doyle would be great signings

ive always liked the look of doyle ever since i first saw him play in the championship for reading, he would settle for being a squad player aswell most likely

This probably doesn't add much new information to the goal-keeper rumours but I thought I'd put it on anyway.

Just watching SPL highlights show Scotsport and the talk came to goalkeepers. According to ex-Hearts player and now agent John Colquhoun, the rumours circulating in Scottish football are that Artur Boruc is definitely Martin O'Neill's number one target and if he is unsuccessful in getting him he will turn his attention to Craig Gordon.

i can see us being relatively quiet until july 1st, then a nice big press confrence with boruc, appiah and darren bent being unveiled as our first signings

just a guy wishing, but i reckon it will be pretty secretive and i reckon some good signings

Ill take the credit for that question! I really wanna ask the general more about transfers and what european countries MON is going to, but i think the mods will delete the question.

I hope the French & dutch league are up there, some untapped talent going to waste: Yaya toure

Alfonso Alves

Snejieder

Nasri

One concern I would have about signing him is not that he wouldn;t be able to handle himself in the ENglish Prem as he puts himself about a fair bit, but whether he would WANT to handle himself, or just swan around a bit as, in his eyes, hes not at a massive club. Some could argue we're similar to Ajax - but they're HIS club.

Ajax are one of the biggest clubs in europe. :? But we do have the premier league which is a big attraction.

Also haven't Bayern missed out on the Champions League which will dent their chances.?

Ajax are a big club and do have a rich history but they also play in a poor league and have always been a selling club. We are a bigger club in that respect.

I'd agree with you to some extent re Ajax being a selling club, but the thing that really gives them that reputation as I see it was the breakup of their best ever squad in the aftermath of the Bosman ruling, something largely beyond their control. That doesnt make them any less of a massive club really.

I cannot see us been able to hijack Valcencia's deal for Sneijder, they are consistantly in the later stages of the CL and the top 4 in Spain and will be for the foreseeeable future.

Nasri has also stated his intention to remain at L'OM as they have also qualified for the CL, whether he will feel differently after they fall at the first hurdle is a different story.

I am in the trust MON camp, he knows what positions need strengthening, the Premier League is a huge draw for players and I think we will pull one huge signing out of the bag along with several other strong improvemnts to the current players.

I'd certainly take Hyypia of their hands and maybe Kewell as a squad player?

It's strange when people suggest signing people as 'squad players'. Why would Kewell want to leave Liverpool's bench just to come and sit on our bench?

Well my only reason for saying squad player is that he'll spend a chunk of the time injured so probably knows his days of being a 40 game a season man are over. Saying that i'm sure MON wouldn't say he was signing him as a squad player.

Though thinking about it we do have Berger in that role for another season.

Bellend is the one I would find it hardest to suport MON on.

Yes I trust MON but I see nothing inn Bellend that suggests he is better than say Gabby or Moore

I'm with you Ian. I'd much prefer Darren Bent.

As would I.

distin has officially left man city now ...breaking news on ssn

any club is free to sign him now and doesnt have to wait for the deadline

Agreed to go to Portsmouth hasnt he? :?

nope

although boro and pompey lead the chase

however bramble is having a medical with portsmouth today apparently which may stop them going after distin.Who knows...

how Bumble has got another prem club to sign him i do not know

The only reason Distin would announce he has left City is if he didn't have a club to go to.

Otherwise it would have been announced he has just signed from another club.