Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Digs that is not the best recommendation O'Shea and Brown have one too !!!

Haha!! :D Very true!

......and Kieran Richardson!!

O'Shea was crucial to United winning the league, thats when Phil Neville and referee's weren't helping out.

As much as I hate Man U and it hurts to say this I think everyone of there players would improve our squad.

I disagree Amo, Fletcher, O'shea, Brown, Richardson, Heinze, Sylvestre, Smith and Solskjaer would not take Villa into the top six or to the champions league.

They all contributed to Man U winning the league so how could they not contribute to Villa's squad in helping achieve a top 6 place?

You have to remember I'm talking squad and competition for places here. If these players can do it for United how can we think they are not good enough for us?

i think heinze would be a great buy, i think he's class

ferreira wouldn't be a bad one, he must have something about him if mourinho once spent 20m on him, i would be pretty happy if we picked up for about 4-6m

Almost 300 pages and not a solid rumor in sight, that is pretty VillaTalkish ;)

Wouldn't you call Antunes a solid rumour? A question, not aimed at you specifically, but what is a solid rumour?

About Heinze, I definitely think he's good enough to improve our squad. But he's not as good as he used to be. Maybe a bit short of confidence and maybe still affected by that injury. Would be interesting to see how he could do under MON. Doubt he's on the cards, though. But still, good player to be linked with and if we buy him it would most definitely show we mean business. Again.

Veron?

Heinze wont come here yet i dont think, although he is a good player.

Was linked with Spurs last summer i think and expressed an interest.

As they have no decent left sided players, i would imagine if it was us against Spurs he would join them being in the better position.

Not sure if an argentine would be bothered about MON, probably more bothered about London and europe.

Heinze wont come here yet i dont think, although he is a good player.

Was linked with Spurs last summer i think and expressed an interest.

As they have no decent left sided players, i would imagine if it was us against Spurs he would join them being in the better position.

Not sure if an argentine would be bothered about MON, probably more bothered about London and europe.

Yes, probably. Not so sure either that we'd get him if in for him and they're willing to sell. But definitely worth a shot. Even though he was one of the worst players today. But he can do better. To me he's a similar player to Bouma in that they both can play LB and CD but their best positions, AFAIK, is to the left in a 3-men defence. Still think Heinze is more of a CD and Bouma LB. Just my opinions, that's all.

Thinking of that final today. One player that I thought looked more interesting than I've thought before was SWP. Didn't have much end product but he was very lively and with a little bit more self confidence I think he could get back to his best again. Something that MON probably can give him. Questions are if Chelsea are willing to let him go this time, and if he would be happy to accept that help from MON. Probably no on both questions.

I disagree Amo, Fletcher, O'shea, Brown, Richardson, Heinze, Sylvestre, Smith and Solskjaer would not take Villa into the top six or to the champions league.

The only players I wouldn't take are Solskjaer, Sylvestre and Richardson. The rest would be very useful additions to our squad. Brown for example is solid at RB.

Heinze, Smith and Brown are quality players. Lets not get above ourselves.

Gabriel Heinze would be a perfect player for us, no doubt about it at all.

Sure he has been worser this season but it is due to his injuries, pressure and competition. Every time he has come on he has been under pressure to perform because Evra has gone from being a little headless chicken to world-class left back. Remember how quick things change in football, last season Heinze was superb and Evra couldn't control a ball. With a pre-season under his belt and 20 games on the trot Heinze would return to his previous form. I also think he looked really good today, he would become somewhat of a cult figure at Villa Park.

Would he come here though? Not a chance, he would only go to Spain or Italy and it really doesn't look like he wants to leave Old Trafford. Saying that, how many benchwarmers have left OT the last 10 years?

It will be interesting to see who the first big signing of the summer will be to determine what level of player we are capable of attracting? or do you feel Carew has already raised the bar?

Would he come here though? Not a chance, he would only go to Spain or Italy and it really doesn't look like he wants to leave Old Trafford.

Eh, how come i get grief for saying that? I'm told we can sign anyone :wink:

Gabriel Heinze would be a perfect player for us, no doubt about it at all.

Sure he has been worser this season but it is due to his injuries, pressure and competition. Every time he has come on he has been under pressure to perform because Evra has gone from being a little headless chicken to world-class left back. Remember how quick things change in football, last season Heinze was superb and Evra couldn't control a ball. With a pre-season under his belt and 20 games on the trot Heinze would return to his previous form. I also think he looked really good today, he would become somewhat of a cult figure at Villa Park.

Would he come here though? Not a chance, he would only go to Spain or Italy and it really doesn't look like he wants to leave Old Trafford. Saying that, how many benchwarmers have left OT the last 10 years?

The fact that Heinze has struggled to play under pressure can't be a good thing surely???We want competition for places and if he can't handle that then could be a problem.Don't think this a very good argument anyway i just don't think he has ever recovered from his injury and being 29, no scope for development.

Anyway, agree with you,don't think he'd come here to be honest which makes this argument a complete waste of time.Still don't think he's good enough and thought he was the worst player in the pitch in the final today.

The only thing I can think of now is the effect of Lerner and MON, we really don't know what to expect to we?

We are not what we were one year ago. Also, Boro got Ravanelli/Juninho and Chelsea got several stars when

they were no bigger than us. Everything can happen, I just know that we won't be signing Zoltan Gera, luckily!

It's true, i dount Rich Fitzgerald would be making claims of top class signings without the confidence of actually pulling such a signing off.Would also be very surprised if he hadn't made some enquiries about players of a certain calibre before he made such a statement.Exciting times I think (and hope)

I think a combination of high wages and serious signs of ambitions can attract big name players but I also hope we can improve our worldwide scouting network and find some young gems on the cheap. Can you believe that Sevilla brought Alves for 300K?! wonder what he is worth now?

please god not Heinze. Doesn't know how to tackle, has a serious temperment problem and looks a bit like Charlie Dimmock

In fact he does know how to tackle, saying something different would be quite wrong. You must be thinking about his tendency to tackle a bit nasty at times, but heck that's the way some defenders tackle these days. There are numerous players, great ones, who do exactly the same. All in all he is a very solid defender.

please god not Heinze. Doesn't know how to tackle, has a serious temperment problem and looks a bit like Charlie Dimmock

I don't want Heinze as I think Bouma is up to the job and Heinze would be first choice at a new club but the fact is he is a top class player. Heinze didn't start playing football this season. Remember last season where he was magnificent.

Anyway I think this point is moot as we have no need for him. We need a new left back for sure but only as a back up.