Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes and we let him get away

one that actually played for us or do you mean Juniniho?

Add Gilberto (of arsenal) also. 250k i believe was the extra bit of money we couldn't put together for him! :shock: :roll:

Have we ever had an Argentine or Brazilian at Villa?

Well, there was Oscar Arce.

"In the late 1960s Aston Villa had a trio of midfielders who really should have been given the chance to play together, but never did.

Their names - Jimmy Brown, Oscar Arce and Barrie Hole. Work it out for yourselves."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/1704104.stm

:mrgreen:

Add Gilberto (of arsenal) also. 250k i believe was the extra bit of money we couldn't put together for him! :shock: :roll:

wasn't that the same reason we didn't buy Robbie Keane from Wolves when he was desperate to come to us. Or did JG just decide he wasn't good enough. I still remember how gutted I felt when he signed for Coventry instead. He would have been a Villa legend!

Anyone back on topic, does anyone know of any players of Heinze's caliber that we are linked to. Gets me excited.

Have any of you been watching heinze this season???He has been garbage!Was quality last season before he got injured but he's been truly awful this season.Just because he plays for Man U doesn't automatically mean hes good, would have bouma ahead of him any day.Plus, he'd want big wages and hes getting on.Would be a big mistake signing him in my opinion

Have any of you been watching heinze this season???He has been garbage!Was quality last season before he got injured but he's been truly awful this season.Just because he plays for Man U doesn't automatically mean hes good, would have bouma ahead of him any day.Plus, he'd want big wages and hes getting on.Would be a big mistake signing him in my opinion
Thank god there's another sober Villan on here tonight!

PS

Wow, I've started page three hundred and we're still no closer to guessing who we're going to sign!

He's getting on?? he's 28 years old. At his peak. He has been in and out the team this season so even if he he hasn't been at his best that doesn't make him a crap player all of a sudden. I think we've all seen enough of him over the last few years for both Man U and Argentina to know he is a quality defender! Just needs a fresh start.

wasn't that the same reason we didn't buy Robbie Keane from Wolves when he was desperate to come to us. Or did JG just decide he wasn't good enough. I still remember how gutted I felt when he signed for Coventry instead. He would have been a Villa legend!

Anyone back on topic, does anyone know of any players of Heinze's caliber that we are linked to. Gets me excited.

Yeah for the sake of a million i think we missed out on Keane.

He's getting on?? he's 28 years old. At his peak. He has been in and out the team this season so even if he he hasn't been at his best that doesn't make him a crap player all of a sudden. I think we've all seen enough of him over the last few years for both Man U and Argentina to know he is a quality defender! Just needs a fresh start.

Agreed.

Totally wrong IMHO.

The guy is class. And his Premiership winners medal goes some way to suggesting to me that he might be an improvement on what we have!

Agreed.

He's slow, and I can't remember the last time he impressed me going forward. He can tackle but that's about it imo.

.......and Roberto Carlos, was he not on the brink of signing as a youngster?

Digs that is not the best recommendation O'Shea and Brown have one too !!!

Haha!! :D Very true!

......and Kieran Richardson!!

O'Shea was crucial to United winning the league, thats when Phil Neville and referee's weren't helping out.

As much as I hate Man U and it hurts to say this I think everyone of there players would improve our squad.

Digs that is not the best recommendation O'Shea and Brown have one too !!!

Haha!! :D Very true!

......and Kieran Richardson!!

O'Shea was crucial to United winning the league, thats when Phil Neville and referee's weren't helping out.

As much as I hate Man U and it hurts to say this I think everyone of there players would improve our squad.

I disagree Amo, Fletcher, O'shea, Brown, Richardson, Heinze, Sylvestre, Smith and Solskjaer would not take Villa into the top six or to the champions league.

Agreed.

He's slow, and I can't remember the last time he impressed me going forward. He can tackle but that's about it imo.

Central defence?

Guys when can we expect some transfer activity ? - Do we have an end of season tour ? - and MON holidays ? - Im guessing that the activity might not be until july ? - what do you reckon ?

Its all a bit cat & mouse - Distin will wait for the best offer, Bent is going to go somewhere, if its spurs expect us to move for defoe or keane - unless we already have bellamy !