Would you do this to help Villa?

Denis_B

Would you buy shares if a new issue was released?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy shares if a new issue was released?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Well it was by this very route that I became a shareholder in 1968.

If Doug loves the club, and the manager, CEO and a non-exec director want outside finance why not try this first?

Of course Doug will have his holding diluted...... but of course he could always buy some and thereby actually use HIS money for once in supporting the club.

also voted yes, would find a way of putting a few £100 in, maybe as much as £500. But it would have to be stonewalled for the benefit of the football side, we bette not see the no oh look we found £13million pound down the back of dougs sofa, ah never mind we've already bought some players from the proceedes of that share issue, lets rebuild the last bit of Ellis park with it.

was wondering if it could be put forward at the AGM as a resolution, along the lines of the club seriously exploring the raising funds by such an issue. bit like the resolutions put forward at the last AGM

would place doug in an interesting position.

Nice idea mf........... my concerns only are that £llies could actually strengthen his position BUT if the money was used properly.... say only needs to be about £10m.... plus the £6m in the kitty and the more than that in the Summer announced by Brucey Bonus this morning could give DOL the 'pot of gold' = £20m+

And why do people vote no, then not explain why, is it just a finacial thing or is there a reason to think t's a bad idea?

My fear as well would be either doug buying up lots of shares (maybe even in share rights at preferencial prices) or maybe even worse petchy taking the opportunity to grab a bigger percentage slice, in petchy's case it may force his hand over where he thinks he can make his profit.

either way i'd like some safeguards against the two biggest shareholders gaining a stronger position within the club. Maybe something along the lines of being limited to a number of shares which would allow them to reatin a similar percentage holding of the company as before the share issue.

I voted no for two reasons. a) I'm a student with hardly any money, struggling just to pay simple living costs. B) Even if I did have the money I would need reassurances that this is really going towards productive investment for the club.

The situation at Villa is breaking my heart, but at the moment I just couldn't help.

Come on chaps...... this isn;t really serious but just an idea being floated.

We have done similar before - NTL deal - (share options only then) that financed some of our biggest buys....... but Doug used the PLC money to buy then back if you recall before he had to issue shares and be diluted.

no. i pay over £2000 a year to aston villa. isnt it the job of the board to supply transfer funds?

No' i'd say it was the job of the board to find the funding for transfers, not supply it, this is one way of attempting to secure funding, one which you have every right to choose not to support or participate in. Other options could include a price increase.

Â