Patience is a Virtue

limpid

I agree PB, which is strange in itself.

I also think you still have to have high ambitions, think positively, strange I know, and most importantly take advantage of any advantages that come your way.

Our start to the season was an advantage we may have nearly frittered away although some decent signings may still recover part

The other point is to fund this rebuilding you keep on about needs fans through the turnstiles and the General is right in my opinion to try in some small part to build up impetus, realistic impetus though, and I feel he did. I also feel we have to allow the owners some leeway until they get up to speed, only so much can be done on intelligence, you also need first hand experience and the General's more recent comments do I think reflect this.

Where we may also differ is in our evaluations of the ability of the squad and the manager.

One I feel is much better than you do, the other not yet as good as the adverts said

The five year plan is achievable in its very sense but also may give us a clue into the managers ambitions.

We have learnt that in England, that without a huge amount a cash and a magical manager the Champions League is a distant concept.

More readily we have learnt that given the chance to work a team and letting a manager progress in their own managerial manner is the best way to achieve progress.

Yes you need a good manager, but clubs with many managerial casualties very rarely feature in the top echelon of the Premiership.

Everton and Bolton are examples of board success, and a five year plan seems to say make the Champions League in 5years and any contract you want is yours.

It is brilliant that we have a potentially long future under a manager who must feel assured by the backing behind him. 5 years of O'neil and scheming, quite exciting!

Spend wisely and in the right places!

Better start saving though if I am having a season ticket for 5years minimum.

I also think you still have to have high ambitions, think positively, strange I know, and most importantly take advantage of any advantages that come your way......The other point is to fund this rebuilding you keep on about needs fans through the turnstiles and the General is right in my opinion to try in some small part to build up impetus, realistic impetus though, and I feel he did.

I agree, the recent comments seem to be part of an ongoing desire to keep the momentum of the summer going, it had almost ground to a halt in the last few weeks, but now the new signings and the recent releases of good positive news seem to have brought it back to life. I think you can put the type of positive statement we've seen in recent days in the box marked improved marketing.

If you can persuade people they are in at the beginning of something big, you can sell ticket and shirts alongside the hopes and dreams.

if young is worth 9m how much is gabby worth?

in fairness Gaby has alot of pace and not a great deal else

he reminds me very much of Tony Daley i'm sure you remember him

Young is an entirely different breed

bags of skill and trick

far better passing and crossing ability

not quite the same amount of pace tho :lol:

but a much higher quality player

Im worried that MON is looking frequently less happy. Is it the transfer window thats doing his head in? Is it the run of 12 matches without a win? Is it the realisation that reviving Villa is a bigger job than maybe he first thought? What do people think?

thats a whole other subject all together

why dont you start a new thread for it?

Im worried that MON is looking frequently less happy. Is it the transfer window thats doing his head in? Is it the run of 12 matches without a win? Is it the realisation that reviving Villa is a bigger job than maybe he first thought? What do people think?

i think you are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5

Â