Are the bookies stupid?

villaboyjay

Who is daft  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is daft

• VillaboyJay?
    • the bookies

BEFORE YOU VOTE IN THIS POLL, PLEASE READ AND TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE FOLLOWING:

I have just popped in to my local Coral Bookmakers and placed the following bet......

Aston Villa to beat Chelsea 2-1 and Juan Pablo Angel to score the first goal of the game..

I have been given massive odds of 125/1 and I have placed a £10 bet on the above.

If this comes off, I will recieve back the sum of £1,260!!!

Now, am I foolish in taking such wonderful odds, that are higher than the ones that are currently about for Macclesfield to beat Chelsea?

My theory behind this bet is as follows:

1. Jose Mourinho has NEVER won at Villa Park with Chelsea

2. Chelsea have not beaten Villa at Villa Park in the Premiership since 1999

3. JP Angel may not be in form, but he is long overdue a goal

4. Gareth Barry is suspended, so that may hand the penalty taking duties back to Angel, should we get a penalty.

5. Villa are without a win in 9 games and will be wanting to delete that statistic.

6. Chelsea are conceeding goals easily with John Terry out injured.

7. Villa to beat Chelsea by 2-1 (or any score for that matter) is not to unrealistic.

So, my putting a tenner on my selection is surely not too bad a bet now is it?

For anyone that thinks I have got a good deal here, then pop to your local Corals and put a quid on the same bet. (will return you £126 for the sake of some loose change!!

Am I the foolish one or have the bookies really under-estimated Villa this time around?

P.S...

I couldnt work out how to add a poll to this thread...

If one of you nice Admins or Mods could add one for me it would be appreciated..

1. Are the bookies stupid?

2. Or is Villaboyjay the foolish one?

Nice optimism.

But:

Gareth Barry is suspended, so that may hand the penalty taking duties back to Angel, should we get a penalty.

How is that going to help Angel get a goal? :winkold:

Funny...

Probably his best chance at hitting the onion bag at the moment...

But then again... :lol:

In this case i think those are very good odds but on the whole bookies really arent stupid.

So i voted for you! :D

Thanks.... :oops:

I just hope that for the sake of my bank account and the sake of villa's current league position that by 10pm tonight I have proved you all wrong...

In this case i think those are very good odds but on the whole bookies really arent stupid.

So i voted for you! :D

Thanks.... :oops:

I just hope that for the sake of my bank account and the sake of villa's current league position that by 10pm tonight I have proved you all wrong...

To be honest i'm thinking of popping to the bookies to try and get that too. Possibly only risk a fiver on it though...

Here's hoping everyone else feels silly tomorrow...

They're not stupid odds at all.

I stuck a tenner on at just under evens on Celtic and Chelsea winning today, just to make me not feel so bad when we lose.

Chelsea are leaking heavily without JT and Cech, so we have some sort of chance.

125/1 does look a bit generous, i agree, and JPA is due a goal (if he starts).

But i still voted for you anyway ....

Bookies aren't stupid, they are rich. I'll bet you a tenner that you loose the bet.

:lol:

But not at 125/1 presumably!

errm no. I will however throw in a Russel Brand DVD I got for Christmas as it is complete and utter drivel.

i think you would have been better throwing your money down the toilet-chelsea must win tonight to keep the pressure on united,gareth barry is out & villas strikers are out of form-also chelsea will be fresher-bigger squad after the heavy xmas/new year programme.

Â