XBox - catchup TV

Dodgyknees

Been a while since I had me an xbox, but seeing as my partner and I are house-hunting, we thought we would buy one (and have a 4gb one with bits and bobs for £70) because we want to use it for catchup TV and more.

I had one two years ago, which allowed me to watch Sky by purchasing a package, is this still the case?

Also, what sort of catch-up TV is there, I think BBC Iplayer, ITV player? Can I get TV Catch-up through any other app?

Also can I install a bigger HD and how much would this cost?

Cheers guys,

There is a Sky Player App, lets you watch live TV, for most of the Sky channels (sky Atlantic,Sky one,FX,History,Discovery,sky Movies, Sky Sports etc)

Also lets you catch up with loads of shows that have been on the sky channel's. e.g. Fringe, friday night lights, the Walking dead, Boardwalk Empire and a whole host of other shows..

Yep also, BBC Iplayer have loads of previous catchup shows, not 100% sure on ITV but i'm sure there is an app, and an Channel 4/ 40D app as well..

Also netflix, Lovefilm etc...

I'm probably missing something, but it really is worth getting if you want it for catchup at what not, I watch TV through my Xbox pretty much most days, really is a handy feature.

I thought so too, but where I work we sell TV's and crap, so when we got the docs through about asking for TV license info, I had a good read :)

(And to put Limpid at ease, there will be no illegal downloading and this thread is about legal ways and means to watch TV - please do not talk about illegal ways to watch things here.)

The TV catchup apps on the 360, iPlayer aside, require a Gold subscription IIRC.

Not sure whether ITV Player is on there, 4OD and Demand5 definitely are, and there are a couple of other (slightly crappy) video apps besides. I'm not sure what the case is with Sky Player.

Perfect, Eastenders in one hand, a hammer in the other.

to be fair eastenders has been promoting getting away with murder for years...

the sky app is sky go so you need sky (or a mates code) but you probably would have to have a license for that, im sure you can also get netflix and lovefilm on it too, not sure about amazon videos but you can get that on PS3, you can also get yank netflix on PS3 if you watch some youtube videos not sure if you can do that one on the 360

• 2 weeks later...

You can use an external hdd, but only be able to use 16gb iirc, and you have to partition and format that space to be used by the 360 alone. I'm not sure what the restrictions on what things you could use from the external hdd are off the top of my head, but there definitely are restrictions.

• 3 weeks later...
Â