Why so difficult to get rid of players

DeepDish

I sometimes wonder if we are creative enough with these players. If Warnock is on £40k, say, is it not better to have someone paying £10k-£15k of that £40k rather than having him train with our kids and we pay it all for zero benefit and some disruption. Ditto Hutton, although as his contract is longer it might make sense not to let him out so easily.
I agree with this very much. It's disappointing that Lambert has taken the same failed approach as Houllier did (consigning unwanted players to the reserves squad but not doing anything to shift them).

Who will buy them? Who will match their wages?

I sometimes wonder if we are creative enough with these players. If Warnock is on £40k, say, is it not better to have someone paying £10k-£15k of that £40k rather than having him train with our kids and we pay it all for zero benefit and some disruption. Ditto Hutton, although as his contract is longer it might make sense not to let him out so easily.
I agree with this very much. It's disappointing that Lambert has taken the same failed approach as Houllier did (consigning unwanted players to the reserves squad but not doing anything to shift them).

Nobody! The moment they signed those ridiculous contracts, they were always going to be here until their contracts ran out or were bought out by the club.

I think you've just misunderstood the points being made.

We should do this with Warnock and Hutton -

Who will buy our un-wan-ted full-backs, two blokes for a penny

Â