Type of striker needed

onje_villa

I don't think it matters a great deal but someone who can clearly link the play whether that be through holding the ball up or my own preference of a clever number 10 like how Robbie Keane played and hopefully given the way Lambert wants to play, that'd be a better option for us? Unfortunately I think we firstly have more pressing matters to attend to in the market and I'm not sure financially we're exactly ready for a partner to Bent. Biggest hope is that Agbonlahor can re-capture his form, holds the ball up fairly well, occupies defenders and ON his game, links the play fairly well with the ability to make things happen. Unfortunately for the last two years, like plenty of our players he looks good at the very start of the season before dying a painful death after November...

Lol adebayor??

Lets get back to reality. We would struggle to pay Andy Johnson's wages, what makes you think we could afford 175k a week

:crylaugh:

I maybe be hugely mistaken, but isn't Given on 100k a week? If so, why? Guzan is pretty good and is on a 1/4 of those wages. If we are trying to shed wages I'd rather sell Given and sign a good striker for 50-60k wages.

Also we need a target man cause Bent cant do it all. I think Carroll is a decent striker but not the amount Liverpool will probably wont. Defoe is still a very good striker but is getting older so who knows how many more good years he has left in him.

We either need a strong target man who can hold up the ball as well as win aerial duals OR a lively Defoe type who will take on defenders and get them on the back foot ...... in Bent we have somebody who is awful at both roles !!!

Given on 100k a week???? I'd be amazed if it was even half that

I was a little off but apparently he makes £80,000 a week. Guzan makes £20,000. I dont think the difference in talent is worth £60,000 a week or an extra £3.2 million each year.

Â