Berlin

donnie

it seems really strange to me how many people dont go to potzdamer platz, i thought it was an amazing place, im sure i read somewhere that they spent £4bn on it, i spose its a bit like brindley place like a commercial office area that has bars and cafes etc, go there on a night and then walk under the brandenburg gate and along unter den linden

checkpoint charlie was my favourite part, great museum, some of the other museums whilst being very good (topography of terror for example) seem to have 18 odd paragraphs of info in german followed by 3 lines in english

Checkpoint Charlie is currently being reconstructed (or was back in June when I went) .. the boarding protecting the work has pictures and stories on it so makes it quite interesting

Used to work there, at one time was there nearly every other week.

Simple quick rules are

Drinking / nightlife better IMO on the East side of town

If you need Sky Sports for football try pubs like the Oscar Wilde or the Irish bar in the Europa Centre

Get up the TV tower

They do a great guided bike thing from by Brandenburg Gate - basically there are about 9 of you on a circular bike - trust me google it and you get a good round the main sites trip and not too expensive

Pubs will stay open v late, some I know have not shut for years!!

September will still be reasonable weather, its bloody cold in winter

For something different try the Propaganda Museum

Â