Local info

TrentVilla

Trent I think me and my mate are getting the train which gets to Notts at 1.05pm. Will we then have to get a bus to the ground? Wheres the away pub(s) likely to be?

Cheers.

Trent I think me and my mate are getting the train which gets to Notts at 1.05pm. Will we then have to get a bus to the ground? Wheres the away pub(s) likely to be?

Cheers.

no need for a bus. follow the sign for trams and you'll find yourself on station street. follow the stream of claret & blue along station street, past jury's inn & the capital one building, then down london road towards the ground. 20 minute walk. imagine there will be villa fans in hooters (5 mins from station) and i know notts county open up their bar for away fans during a league campaign. not sure whether they will for a friendly. was pretty poor in there for a burnley away game i went to but then burnley only took a few hundred.

unsure if there are any other away pubs. always thought of it as being mainly home around the ground, with away fans drinking closer to the centre. perhaps Trent can shed some light..?

Will we then have to get a bus to the ground?

No mate it is literally a 5 minute walk from the station and its decent area its not like the walk to some away grounds.

Wheres the away pub(s) likely to be?

On route from the station you will pass

Hooters which is always packed with away fans and then past that you will pass a pub on London Road called The Globe which will welcome away fans. Across the street from The Globe is The Navigation.

Once you go further up Trent Bridge you get to a number of pubs, The Riverbank, The Southbank and The TBI all near Trent Bridge and literally next to the ground.

They are normally home pubs but think you should be okay with it being a friendly especially if you are there early.

Just about any pub you go to near the ground is a decent pub, they aren't your normal away day pre match boozers.

Parking is pretty easy to be honest mate.

If your coming from Birmingham you will come in on the A453, once you get off that and start coming into Nottingham you come onto London Road which runs down to Trent Bridge. There is a decent car park as you come down London road on the left hand side which is at the council building.

Failing that you can go over Trent Bridge past the ground and turn left onto the Embankment which will be good for the pubs/ground and getting away after the game.

Closer to the ground you can park in an area called Lady Bay which is near the away end, there is a car park on a sports ground there plus some street parking.

No problem pal. If your coming up the M1 you will still come into Nottingham on the A453 so the above still applies.

Hope you have a cracking day, I have to say its a great ground to head to with a kid for his first away game. The Forest ground is in one of the best areas in Nottingham, their fans are decent and you will park nice and close.

Is the Britannia Hotel in the town centre far from the ground? having a night in Nottingham after the game.

don't think it's very far, but replying to say that the Salutation Inn near the Britannia is a great boozer. Ask to go down into the caves below the pub. It's just down the main round about 100 yards or so.

I also live very near the ground you won't get in Southbank will Villa colours on. Not sure about TBI. Riverbank the best bet.

Prepare to be stuck on the A453 for a while too. That road is a nightmare especially on match-days.

Is the Britannia Hotel in the town centre far from the ground? having a night in Nottingham after the game.

From the hotel to the ground is about a 40 minute walk, its closer to the bars than the ground.

If you want some suggestions I'd go for either Premier Inn or Jury's Inn which are inbetween town and the ground.

do not, under any circumstances, use the a453.

villa fans coming from birmingham; ignore your sat-navs and stay on past j24 (the a453) for one more junction and get off at j25, following the a52(brian clough way) into nottingham.

the a453 is a single carriageway and is possibly the worst road in the east midlands. each time i've had the misfortune of using it, i've been stuck in traffic for a minimum of an hour and a half. and that's normal every day traffic, no accidents. it's a joke of a road and if you don't miss the game, you'll certainly miss out on a lot of drinking time.

Although if you are getting on it then being near the bars isn't a bad thing.

Yeah I'm staying there after the game, me and my mates were thinking of staying round the ground for a bit after the game, maybe find a pub, and then get a taxi/walk to the hotel. 40 min walk suggest taxi though :-).

If your coming down the M1 from the North junction 26 is your best bet, ignore any traffic signs for the football grounds as they send you on a long route. Just follow signs for the city centre and then West Bridgford, should be straight forward enough from there. If you've got stat nav you'll be laughing.

Just make sure you exit at J26 if you go past that to one of the other junctions it will be a lot slower.

Â