Anyone making the trek?

Peever

Im crossing Lake Michigan ! 90 minute drive for me (beats the 5 and a 1/2 hour hung over back from Columbus)

Thats not so bad, drive to Duluth is 5 hours each way for me, then 1 1/2 hour flight to Chicago. You in 134 usvilla? Do you know the pub details and such?

onetake are you in 134?

I am - I have a couple of extra tickets but am planning to fill those out before I get there. Any progress on matchday drinking locations for supporters? I'll have my car and as much as I loathe holding back to drive around, I'll make that sacrifice if everyone is getting together offsite beforehand. Or does it look like most people will be tailgating at Toyota Park?

Excited to get together with some US Villans! I've only seen the club play in Birmingham so it'll be a lot of fun to get together with some slightly more local people.

onetake are you in 134?

I am - I have a couple of extra tickets but am planning to fill those out before I get there. Any progress on matchday drinking locations for supporters? I'll have my car and as much as I loathe holding back to drive around, I'll make that sacrifice if everyone is getting together offsite beforehand. Or does it look like most people will be tailgating at Toyota Park?

Excited to get together with some US Villans! I've only seen the club play in Birmingham so it'll be a lot of fun to get together with some slightly more local people.

Sorry for the delay, onetake we have a pub arranged for before and after the match. We also have a bus arranged to drive us between them. If your interested in joining the bus just send me a private message on here.

You should both join the facebook page for the game to keep in the loop :)

I actually live in Chicago now and will be going to the game with my Dad who saw his first game at Villa Park when the league reopened post WWII and my 2 year old son who was able to sing the Villa chant as part of his first 20 words.

Super excited! I bought tickets from a friend who is a Chicago Fire season ticket holder so we will also be close to the Villa bench. Can't miss us. Claret and Blue clad singing Villa chants in the middle of the Fire supporter section.

If you haven't seen a game at Toyota Park it is a really nice place to watch. Very intimate and all the seats are close unlike when the games where at Soldier Field. Decent food and beer as well. The area around the stadium is fairly desolate and it is a bit of a trek from the downtown are the only draw backs.

How great is it to be the 3rd group of fans to see a match under PL?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I shall be going.

Thinking of flying Southwest from Midway to Detroit on the Monday. The flight is $57 and the bus is $39. Anybody got horror stories about this flight/Southwest that I should know about?

Edit: f*ck it, flights booked, gf told to pick me up at the airport. It's her problem now.

• 2 weeks later...
Â