Streaming from pc to Android

walesavfc

Hi i want to watch the movies i have on my pc, on my android phone tried getting VLC for android but is not stable.

Am thinking maybe getting dropbox installed on my pc and using that on the phone would be the best idea, But am hoping some1 here allready uses pc-android streaming and maybe have better ideas.

Cheers

You can set up streaming on the PC either through Media Player or by installing TVersity. Then its down to your handset - I know Samsung S2 has All share which can be used to stream from your PC to the Phone - works well too.

The way I do it is that I have ES File Explorer installed on my phone. With it I can browse the network and copy files back and forth. It can also stream media. For video playback I use MX Video Player for everything. For Music/AudioI have the built in Android music app as my default player; basically for anything stored on my phone. For streaming though I use the one that is part of ES File Explorer. I do this by long pressing on the file (or selection of files) and selecting 'music' It then gets opened in the ES Music player (which is a little flaky tbh, but pretty good nonetheless).

The advantage to this way is that you don't have to mess around with setting up/configuring/refreshing media servers. ES File Explorer is bloody ace.

Â