Coach loyalty

Dodgyknees

I have been thinking of this for a while now, as much as I want AM to go (and have already aired my views) I cannot stop thinking about the long term problems at the club.

Concentration, passing, trapping the ball, shooting, crossing.. and all the other problems that seem to be part of the Villa match day experience.

I cannot help but think we need to get rid of coaches and build again. Why is it that other teams can trap and pass, where-as balls are bouncing off our players and we look so troubled when trying to do something.

I think we need a complete rebuild of the coaching system for the first team and get coaches in who can prepare the players to play in a different way. I feel the current coaches are perhaps too old school and part of the problem.

I think we are far too loyal to them.

Your thoughts?

I have been thinking of this for a while now, as much as I want AM to go (and have already aired my views) I cannot stop thinking about the long term problems at the club.

Concentration, passing, trapping the ball, shooting, crossing.. and all the other problems that seem to be part of the Villa match day experience.

I cannot help but think we need to get rid of coaches and build again. Why is it that other teams can trap and pass, where-as balls are bouncing off our players and we look so troubled when trying to do something.

I think we need a complete rebuild of the coaching system for the first team and get coaches in who can prepare the players to play in a different way. I feel the current coaches are perhaps too old school and part of the problem.

Your thoughts?

I agree!

Many of our players including our promising young players seems to lack some of the basic skills in football. Raw talent but lacking in intelligence, vision, tactical knowledge, intelligent movement and so on.

I think an complete overhaul is way overdue

Your thoughts?

Yup spot on I agree too.

Good points, hopefully a new manager will bring a new group in.

Having said that the youth coaches appear to be doing a good job with the reserves so maybe things are getting lost in translation when they get into the first team?

We've got coaches that can work with youngsters in McAndrew and MacDonald, they've a proven record of excellence in my opinion. Other than those, the only other member of the coaching team that tends to be retained when we change manager is Gordon Cowans - it'd be a brave man who'd sack him.

I don't know if it's fair to apportion too much blame to Sid and Kev but I did worry when Mcleish was appointed that he was put in an even more difficult position because he was coming in with two untouchable assistants already in post. Normally, managers will take people they know to try and replicate their success (ha!) at the new place and stamp their authority on things.

It may have seemed like a good move from Lerner and Faulkener to listen to the fans and insist on our beloved coaches staying in post but it doesn't seem to have done anybody any favours.

Hopefully though it's just sped up the penny dropping about how poor McLeish is. They certainly picked the wrong things to listen to when they hired McLeast.

Â