Playing the Sky 4 + 1.

Pelle

Where did referee get 5 minutes added time tonight. was a joke

Absolutely agree. Couldn't believe it. Nothing went on in the 2nd half unless you count Wigan almost always taking as long as they feasibly could with every goalkick, throw-in and free kick. That's the only thing I can think the referee was compensating for. He even booked them at one point so he showed that he was noticing it happening. I thought other than that, the referee was superb. He even gave Wigan a few decisions that might otherwise have been more beneficial for Arsenal. One in particular being the shove from Figueroa on an Arsenal player that was through 20 yards from goal. It should have been a yellow card and a free kick in a dangerous area but the referee let it go. I thought 'that's the kind of decision the Sky 4 usually get away with'.

Yeah I think it was compensating for the time wasting, which I guess is fair enough.

And to be fair, Wigan were taking an age to take free kicks and stuff. One free kick thyey took 55 seconds to take it from the free kick being given to it being taken (I only noticed because I happened to notice the foul being made as the seconds on the clock went from 59 to 00)

Â