Trains

AndyM3000

• 3 weeks later...

i'm always splitting journeys and fares. must have saved hundreds over the past couple of seasons. national rail suggest i go nottingham > derby > crewe > wigan north western at a cost of £30.

i'll be doing nottingham > manchester piccadilly and then manchester piccadilly > salford crescent > wigan wallgate at a cost of less than £15.

also going to preston on wednesday for a night out but can't seem to get it below £30 despite it being a similar journey to wigan, what with using manchester piccadilly and starting from nottingham. if anyone has any suggestions, it'd be much appreciated!! leaving 1445 on the weds, coming back 0830 ( to get back for a seminar :/ ) on the thursday.

i'm always splitting journeys and fares. must have saved hundreds over the past couple of seasons. national rail suggest i go nottingham > derby > crewe > wigan north western at a cost of £30.

i'll be doing nottingham > manchester piccadilly and then manchester piccadilly > salford crescent > wigan wallgate at a cost of less than £15.

also going to preston on wednesday for a night out but can't seem to get it below £30 despite it being a similar journey to wigan, what with using manchester piccadilly and starting from nottingham. if anyone has any suggestions, it'd be much appreciated!! leaving 1445 on the weds, coming back 0830 ( to get back for a seminar :/ ) on the thursday.

Whilst this could be better in Off Topic, I think your problem is staying overnight!! Couldn't get Newcastle cheaper than £90, whereas for Sunderland we had it well below £50!!

As for your Wigan split, would it not be cheaper to get Nottingham > Stockport, Stockport > Wigan Wallgate?

also going to preston on wednesday for a night out.

Ah, the old classic midweek night out in Preston. As you do ;-)

class mate! been once before, can't wait for the three floored Lava again. :D

Whilst this could be better in Off Topic, I think your problem is staying overnight!! Couldn't get Newcastle cheaper than £90, whereas for Sunderland we had it well below £50!!

As for your Wigan split, would it not be cheaper to get Nottingham > Stockport, Stockport > Wigan Wallgate?

cheers mate, hadn't thought of that. can get a couple of quid off doing it that way!

and yeah, i think you're right about staying overnight. gonna just have to take the hit.

What time are you getting into Wigan?

Â