Florida spending money?

AshVilla

Thinking of booking a 14 day trip to florida in April for 800 quid but have no idea what spending money ill need i'm guessing some of you on here have already been as its a popular holiday destination im hoping to do all the nightlife and the parks e.t.c ive seen passes being sold for between 200 - 300 quid for 14 days is the booze and food expensive over there someone at work said ill need about 2k will i really need that much? im not likely to be doing any shopping or anything the resort is in a place beginning with a K Kinnarsee or something like that

Get yourself on the DIBB forum mate, loads of people who go there regularly will answer your questions.

Guessing you are staying in Kissimmee. Disney Ultimate ticket for 14 days is about £250, Seaworld/Busch Gardens/Aquatica about £100 but you can get some decent deals from ticket outlets if you shop about. Food is cheap, breakfast buffet will probably set you back $5 or so from Ponderosa or Golden Corral, there are loads of eateries for your main meal and $20 will easily get you a big meal (steak, ribs etc).

Went a few months ago.

Forget Busch Gardens, it's not that good. Its like Drayton manor in every way.

Universal 1 and 2 are brilliant. I should have done a day each for these and not 1 day for both.

Disney is a bit strange / good / cultish / dunno. The people who work there are the strangest people on the planet.

Sea world is quite good and worth a visit.

• 2 weeks later...

You can spend as much or as little as you like on food. Theres everything from McDonalds on up. As far as the nightlife, as long as you're not in Miami its not too pricey. Stay in your hotel room and do a little pre-game drinking before you go out to save a few bucks. Dont know about the parks as I havent been there myself yet, but I'm sure their websites can you give you any info you need. You also might be able to catch the end of the "March Madness" mens college basketball National Championships if you come in early April. The Final Four will be on March 31 and April 2nd in New Orleans.

• 1 month later...
I like Busch Gardens, it is also nice to get away from Disney although it is a bit of a trek.

If you get the opportunity, make sure you visit Manny's Original Chop House in Haines City about 20 minutes or so from Disney.

I agree and certainly recommend BG and Mannys.

This year will be my 8th visit to Florida during the last 20 years. Whilst I've been to many places (fortunate enough to holiday 2 or 3 times per year), Florida is the one place that my family want to return to, especially if we've not been for 2 or 3 years.

If you're serious about visiting most of the main central Florida theme parks I'd recommend getting your tickets in the UK before you go. The Dibb tickets forum will help you. For all the best non-Disney parks I suggest the 'Fab Four' ticket for £169 from Florida Tix. It's 14 days unlimited access to 5 parks - Islands of adventure, Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica.

The Disney ticket options are a lot more complex but 20 minutes on the tickets forum will help you decide. i'd consider 'Magic Your Way' options rather than diving straight for unlimited access tickets.

Regarding money for food and beer, like the UK you can spend a little or loads. At the current exchange rate it is slightly cheaper to eat in the US than the UK. Most meals are bigger in Florida than the UK and if you pick the right places the quality/cost ratio is better in the Florida than the UK and most of Europe.

PM any fine detail questions if you like. :)

Forget Busch Gardens, it's not that good. Its like Drayton manor in every way.
BG comparable to DM? I couldn't disagree more! If you love big coasters it's a must IMO.

Universal 1 and 2 are brilliant. I should have done a day each for these and not 1 day for both.
Yep, definitely a day each.

Disney is a bit strange / good / cultish / dunno. The people who work there are the strangest people on the planet.
I agree. Visiting with kids is great but as adults the 'perfectness' is a bit surreal.

Sea world is quite good and worth a visit.
I agree.

Lived in Orlando for a year myself. If your looking for night life I have a few quick suggestions

Saturday - Cowboys Bar (cant remember the area but its about 10-15 mins from Disney) it was 10-12 bucks for guys to get in but then its ALL YOU CAN DRINK...albeit it Bud Light.... Just bring the empty bottles back :)

Sundays- Howl at the moon 3 drinks for 5 bucks...just down the I Drive

Weds- Chillers in Downtown Orlando is like 10 bucks to get in but budweiser and slushy drinks are 1 bucks each!

NOw its been a year and a half since I lived there but I know some people who are back working/living there who still go to Howl and Cowboys so I imagine the prices are the same.

As for the price of booze, the store I bought booze from (Attached to walgreens on the 525 right next to Disney) I got 24s of bud light for 9.99, 40 ounce bottles of vodka, rum, rye for as cheap as 16.99 but generally only about 20-24 bucks. So it can be cheap when drinking out but its dirt cheap to buy at the stores.

Also if your staying in the area of Disney I strongly suggest a large restaurant/bar called "Ale House" They have after 10pm specials where doubles go down cheap to something like 3-5 bucks. Also try what is called an "Irish Car Bomb" if you have never had before :). Ale house has got a massive menu and when I was there alost all menu items were under 18 bucks and its massive portions! They do buckets of beer 1 or 2 days of week where its 5 MGD or Bud (IIRC) for 5.95 +tx.

Any other questions let me know!

Also 2,000 pouds for 14 days? Thats just over 3,000 US which is wayyyy overkill if your only spending for yourself.... Unless you want to go large with hotels etc!

Â