Sharing "embarrasing" names with famous people

mottaloo

I was at my niece's graduation ceremony in symphony hall last month, about 1500 people in the arena, watching grads go up on stage, shake hands with some aal fossil in a coloured gown & hat, then exit off the other side of the stage. This went on for about 2 hours.

As the grads gets to the centre of the stage, his/her name is read out....anywho.....one poor asian lad walks on stage right, shakes Yoda's hand just as his name is announced......Saddam Hussein :shock:

The place erupted in laughter and the poor lad was left to walk off stage left looking out at the audience with sadness or bewilderment on his face. He must've been getting loads in his recent life in different situations but on his proudest day he looked totally crestfallen.

So....anyone relate to this or experience similar tales ?

I ate at The Orange Tree in Chadwick End once.

When we got the bill, it declared that "your waiter was: Luke Skywalker"

Obviously I had to ask if that was really his name.

Judging by the sigh and the look of frustrated sorrow in his eyes as he replied "yes", I could tell that was ACTUALLY his name.

I ate at The Orange Tree in Chadwick End once.

When we got the bill, it declared that "your waiter was: Luke Skywalker"

Obviously I had to ask if that was really his name.

Judging by the sigh and the look of frustrated sorrow in his eyes as he replied "yes", I could tell that was ACTUALLY his name.

I'm not sure Skywalker is even a real last name? Did he look like he was born before 1977? If so, then it's not really his parent's fault, just a nasty co-incidence

He definitely wasn't born before 1977.

My guess would be geeky parents.

Maybe it wasn't his real name, but honestly if you'd seen the way he reacted when I asked it was as if he'd been asked a thousand times and it really was his name.

Â