Trains

wedge

I'm sure I've already posted this, mustve been somewhere else...?

Anyways, sorry to disappoint, but that is the current price which includes 50% off for the 'summer' - the offer finishes at the end of August, so the prices are back to normal by the time of this match. Shame, I went to Liverpool last week and took up them up on the offer of the £7 return.

And for anyone who hasnt been before via train; after you roll into Lime Street have a wonder/drink around town, then go over to Liverpool Central station. Buy a 'return to Goodison Park' ticket (only a few quid) from the shop there, hop on the metro, get off at Sandhills and then jump on the soccer bus (full of Everton but theyre a friendly enough bunch) to Goodison which is included in your ticket. And the reverse for the way back :thumb:

I did put the date (September 10th) into the London Midland website and the £7 is £3 single on one specific train and £4 coming back again just on one train. It's a "special advance saver" nothing said about 50% off. I'm aware of the half price offer and I know it runs out September 4th but I think this is just a cheap ticket because we're booking it on specific trains over a month in advance.

Right then... For those who want a little flexibility so want to avoid Advance tickets....

Birmingham to Stafford Return - £9.10

Stafford to Crewe Return - £10.20

Crewe to Liverpool Return - £9.40

That's £28.70... Saves £3.30 on your standard return. Train must stop at both Stafford and Crewe, you don't need to change.

To save more money, if you're travelling in a group (3 or more?) there is a Groupsave ticket from Crewe to Liverpool.

That is going by last years game anyway..

Another even cheaper option is taking a long route..

Birmingham to Chester (Via Shrewsbury, Not Crewe) - £17.20

Chester to Liverpool (Via Hooton, Not Crewe) - £6.45

Total of £23.65.

If anyone needs any help, just PM me times, starting station and how many of you and I'll try and find you the cheapest possible!

I did put the date (September 10th) into the London Midland website and the £7 is £3 single on one specific train and £4 coming back again just on one train. It's a "special advance saver" nothing said about 50% off. I'm aware of the half price offer and I know it runs out September 4th but I think this is just a cheap ticket because we're booking it on specific trains over a month in advance.

Ohh right. Yeh I did try it on the site too, but couldnt find the advanced thing, cheapest was £16 return, but then I didn't try it from Stafford.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â