Bulletstorm

Ingram85

Thought id start a topic for this as I couldnt find one.

Anyone disappointed with Duke Nukem's 'latest' offering should pick this up, its almost a spiritual successor.

Completely over the top gameplay, fantastic weapons, re-energises a tired genre and just a lot of fun to play. Great setpieces, daft story, daft script with plenty of swearing and 'dick' jokes etc....

All its missing is pig cops and tits.

Have just finished the level containing Waggleton P. Tallywacker, and some of the dialogue and a special song during this segment is just brilliant.

Seriously, its going cheap now and is much more than First Person Gears of War. Very underrated and mostly ignored on release (by myself aswell).

I agree with everything you say up to a point, Bulletstorm is entertaining, crazy and refreshing. At first. The trouble I found was that after the initial joy of discovering new skill shots had worn off I got bored with it pretty fast. Maybe it would have had more longevity had I played co-op, but as you said pretty much everyone ignored it, including everyone on my friends list. How much did you pay for it? Anything £20 or under I would say is about right for what I found to be a fun but throwaway game.

• 9 months later...

Garnett Lee likes it, so most human beings will like it too. Im not much of a FPS guy (struggling with Killzone 2 at the mo despite the visuals), give me 3rd person action any day of the week, but I am interested. Let us know how it performs.

Â