Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember rightly, Keith Harris did comment yesterday while being interviewed that it wasn't just about the money involved. Its about what is right for AVFC right the way through the infastructure.

Ultimately, while a bid for a larger amount might be considered and delay things, I really do think that Lerner is the preferred bidder for other reasons.

If this is a genuine bid attempt, it will be interesting to see what the offer is but I reckon it would have to be pretty impressive in all areas to compete with Lerners bid.

Lerner will win.

Why didn't all parties agree on a 'hard irrevocable undertaking' ?

SE Rules.

But surely, if you are able to agree a 'hard' agreement, then it must be legal?

.....and if AV06 improve their offer then it may yet become the bid that is reccomended to the board, surely?

....hence the 10 working days 'put-up or shut-up' period

Lerner is Rothchild's preferred bid.

Lerner is Doug's preferred bid. Thats the root cause of what scares me.

AS PB said earlier - win, win. If the judge has got the funds to gazump Lerner, then fair play to him. More funds, more money for players (hopefully).

Dont forget people this is being reported in the Mail , remember THE Mail

Totti, The Mail have got 'everything' right during this saga.

They may not have reported the facts, but they have called everything correctly.

Once again I say "Regardless of the money I am struggling to comprehend how any other bid could be as good for us as Randy Lerner"

Well I agree Richard, but lets see what these folks have to say. Maybe they also have a good plan, who knows? As I said before - win-win

AS PB said earlier - win, win. If the judge has got the funds to gazump Lerner, then fair play to him. More funds, more money for players (hopefully).

All depends where the £70 million comes from. If its a loan, no thanks.

All depends where the £70 million comes from. If its a loan, no thanks.

Exactly

Thats why i said if the total package is better for Villa then we win, if it isnt, we get lerner as a "consolation prize".

Win-win

Dont forget people this is being reported in the Mail , remember THE Mail

Totti, The Mail have got 'everything' right during this saga.

They may not have reported the facts, but they have called everything correctly.

Are you trying to rain on my parade , bitch :lol: