Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me wonder with the comments below if accurate if AV06 are as interested in AVFC as they might be leading us to believe or is it simply they know they are too far behind the other bidders to really be in the race despite saying they are close?

If you are that close surely you would want to see the books?

Also, why would bidding for AVFC stop you from possibly bidding for other clubs if you fail in this bid?

Sure it might enable you to compare figures with another club, but if you've signed an agreement for confidentiality then its surely only a comparison you can then make and you can't use one set of figures to try and gain advantage over a possible bid of another club?

Unlike three of the five consortia stalking Villa, AV06 have not signed a confidentiality agreement, which would give them privileged access to the club's books, because they do not want to rule themselves out of possible bids for other clubs.

Basically Ali, every public company has to have an AGM, and would Ellis fancy another one, in fact what would the point be if a takeover is close. Of course you need an EGM for completion of a takeover why not just roll it into one ...

Of course we could get the AGM notice of meeting tomorrow but what a farce that one could be.

Ian,

The financial results are being posted out on 25 August 2006 and the AGM is sceduled 11.30 am 26 September 2006.

I'm not clever just read the announcement of the final results :winkold:

Basically Ali, every public company has to have an AGM, and would Ellis fancy another one, in fact what would the point be if a takeover is close. Of course you need an EGM for completion of a takeover why not just roll it into one ...

Of course we could get the AGM notice of meeting tomorrow but what a farce that one could be.

Ian,

The financial results are being posted out on 25 August 2006 and the AGM is sceduled 11.30 am 26 September 2006.

I'm not clever just read the announcement of the final results :winkold:

So the Martians are landing then - bummer :evil:

AV06 resurfacing. Now that is a suprise.

They consider themselves frontrunner. I would be very surprised if Rothchild and/or the club considers them frontrunners.

However, they might have chosen another strategy. If they become Petchey's prefered bidders, it might be difficult for Lerner or whoever to get both the major shareholders to accept their offer.

I'm only speculating, but perhaps Petchey and Ellis prefer different offers, and that is the reason for the delay?

AV06 resurfacing. Now that is a suprise.

They consider themselves frontrunner. I would be very surprised if Rothchild and/or the club considers them frontrunners.

However, they might have chosen another strategy. If they become Petchey's prefered bidders, it might be difficult for Lerner or whoever to get both the major shareholders to accept their offer.

I'm only speculating, but perhaps Petchey and Ellis prefer different offers, and that is the reason for the delay?

I think PB made a similar suggestion. I wonder.

Seems to me disagreement on that front would set us back.

Then again, this was never going to be a straightforward deal. If Petchey is just after the most money for his stake (and who can blame him?), Lerner certainly has the resources to compete with a slightly higher offer from AV06.

Or maybe we're seeing the ground laid for some consolidation among the various consortia?

maybe someone could point me to any thread where its shown Petchey is doing anything than looking to get the best price for his shares he can.

when you consider the wealth of some that have dabbled in Villa affairs in the last 2 or 3 years its allways surprised me no others have built themselves a share holding as large.

its like the lost 10-15% somewhere there is a way of finding them, imagine the power that group plus the smaller shareholder like myself would hold

Petchey is out to maximise the return on his investment.

The simplest way of extracting value may be to sell to a nice bidder.

There are however other methods and if these were to bring a higher return he will not be scared of pursuing them.

When you consider the wealth of some that have dabbled in Villa affairs in the last 2 or 3 years its always indicative of the level of their interest that no others have built themselves a share holding as large.

A bit of AV06 related news

Sources have indicated that the backers of AV06, believed to be Scandinavian, have combined wealth in the same bracket as Randy Lerner, the owner of the Cleveland Browns NFL team, who also remains in the hunt.

Unlike three of the five consortia stalking Villa, AV06 have not signed a confidentiality agreement, which would give them privileged access to the club's books, because they do not want to rule themselves out of possible bids for other clubs.

So lets get this right a consortuim only has the combined wealth of Lerner and are totally unknown ...

Can anyone please remind me of any consortuim taking over a club that was successful ??

And if AV06 are just looking at us and not even got access to the books, like apparently the others and may go for other clubs the are way behind !!!

A bit of AV06 related news

Sources have indicated that the backers of AV06, believed to be Scandinavian, have combined wealth in the same bracket as Randy Lerner, the owner of the Cleveland Browns NFL team, who also remains in the hunt.

So lets get this right a consortuim only has the combined wealth of Lerner and are totally unknown ...

Can anyone please remind me of any consortuim taking over a club that was successful ??

And if AV06 are just looking at us and not even got access to the books, like apparently the others and may go for other clubs the are way behind !!!

Drumaville took over Sunderland :winkold:

Where are they Malc..... promise I won't tell :)

lost in the ether it seems and with smart arse comments like yours will likely remain there.

they remain a major part of the Boards past and present policy and have always been a mystery to me

sure I can accept shares have been lost when people die, but my dad's haven't. yes I can see there are plenty of shareholders who can't be bothered to send in proxies or votes, or who do not inform the club where they have moved to when they change address.

the main problem remains the apathy, perhaps caused by the thoughts they can't make a difference anyway.

should one of the bidders suddenly offer twice the asking value, I'm sure those missing thousands might appear from no where.

its like all those 'wealthy' Villa supporters where are they now, why do they not want in, why is it rumoured Scottish and Irish wealth backs bids but not Midlands based money ???

you know my antipathy towards consortuims Malc, they never work, always fall apart and one person always wantss to take the limelight even if everyone was of equal share.

I think whether you like it or not, Villa is going to be owned by a consortium soon enough