Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Desperation by two consortia this strikes me as.

Posh, I can fully understand your sceptism but believe me Ellis cannot now **** up any takeover. He is not stupid

Is that just your opinion or are you informed??

I hope it's the latter.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might mean that Doug is still trying to cling to power while selling some shares. petchey might have also agreed to sell his share giving any 'new' owner a majority shareholding but with Doug still having a minority stake.

I dont believe this is possible mainly becasue Ellis wouldnt need a merchant bank to sort this out, he could just arrange a private trade between himself and whoever he wanted.

Furthermore, it has been made perfectly clear by every bidder except this one that Ellis would have no executive role. They would not say this if this wasnt the information they had.

Padfield, being blunt, seems to know nothing. No-one seems to be telling him anything. Maybe his bid isnt anywhere near ready. Maybe, if he really hopes to compete in this matter he needs to come back off holiday.

Again, the noise is all wrong. Talk of considering a merge with neville for example. Maybe he doesnt have the cash for a whole club buyout? maybe he actually *needs* Ellis and petchey to retain shareholding if he wants to complete this.

IMO it will be over long before Tuesday

Here's a thought from a different forum but one to explore, why shouldn't Neville look to bring in others - share risk, maybe add more money as a joint bid?

I agree

Neville could be a good front for the AV06 bid. Neville knows that he cannot compete with them financially, but he has seemed to do a lot of ground work and will not want it to go to waste - might not be a bad thing if it comes off.

EDIT:Sorry if that sounds harsh. I'm very grateful for the info people are passing on, and if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here reading nearly every single post, all day, every day!:P I'm just frustrated.

Supporting Peterborough and Villa. You really did pull two short straws there mate!

:? :lol:

Ellis has had it, there is no way back IMO. But he can prolong the process by being awkward. I cannot see the takeover getting to this stage and doug backing out, I just cant.

there is a rule about him causing "frustration" to potential bidders. Big trouble if he does this.

This might mean that Doug is still trying to cling to power while selling some shares. petchey might have also agreed to sell his share giving any 'new' owner a majority shareholding but with Doug still having a minority stake.

I dont believe this is possible mainly becasue Ellis wouldnt need a merchant bank to sort this out, he could just arrange a private trade between himself and whoever he wanted.

Furthermore, it has been made perfectly clear by every bidder except this one that Ellis would have no executive role. They would not say this if this wasnt the information they had.

Padfield, being blunt, seems to know nothing. No-one seems to be telling him anything. Maybe his bid isnt anywhere near ready. Maybe, if he really hopes to compete in this matter he needs to come back off holiday.

Again, the noise is all wrong. Talk of considering a merge with neville for example. Maybe he doesnt have the cash for a whole club buyout? maybe he actually *needs* Ellis and petchey to retain shareholding if he wants to complete this.

IMO it will be over long before Tuesday

Do you know the 1 comment Padfield made which I thought 'oh shit' at......

When asked if his consortium had the fincances in place he replied...

'I believe we do'....

I **** believe we do...FFS, surely if they we serious about buying Aston **** Villa they would definately have thje funds in place.....ARSE!!!

Lerner seems the only one with a proven track record.

yeah but he isnt exactly busting a gut to get it over and done with!!!!!!

As far as you know.

If he was it would be over and done with by now or very soon, but we look as far away from a takeover as ever!

I have concerns over this Lerner bid to be honest - what would a Yank want with a marginal English Football Club (in nowadays terms). I know we have potential, but it's not like we are a Manure/Glazer situation is it.

The impression he gave in the interview was that not only did he know nothing at all about Villa, he seemed to have little interest in football full stop.

Now, I couldn't give a toss if a buyer supports the club but I at least hope someone in that consortium has actually been to a game of football before!

EDIT: So good, I said it twice!

Agree with you. He seems to have some sort of ulterior motive.

I don't trust Neville or Padfield. To make some sort of bid, to show intent they need to have everything in place, not show they CAN and MAY have things come together. It just shouts out amateurish to me.

I wouldn't go buying a house or car without knowing I've got the cash or credit to pay for it. So why are they nowbacktracking on their original claims of having the finances in place.

Lerner and Still can both walk the walk as well as talk the talk. These guys are SERIOUS players and to be honest, as far as I can see, are totalyl out of Neville or Padfields league.

And this isn't really a takeover is it? It's just investment.

Well, what was said was that Padfield didnt know what Ellis wanted as he hadnt talked to him

IMHO this bid is in serious trouble, they are making all the wrong noises.

Seems to be between Lerner, Still and whoever the others are that we dont know about.

I think that you may be wrong, the AV06 bid may be behind, but are they about to steal the march?

Posh, I can fully understand your sceptism but believe me Ellis cannot now **** up any takeover. He is not stupid

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Richard thats a classic!

I wish I was as stupid as Ellis.

When asked if his consortium had the fincances in place he replied...

'I believe we do'....

Well, exactly, which rather gives credence to the theory that this group are suddenly making alot of noise becasue they just realised they arent in the same league as lerner and Still (and mystery other). First there was this promise of player cash this morning, then this long interview tonight.

if this goes the same as last week, I would say that what this interview tells me, above anything else, is that one of the real players is about to make a real move

We will see, but personally this interview rather confirms my view that things are actually moving swiftly to a conclusion, just without Padfield or neville on board, and unsurprisingly they arent happy

tbh, we didnt learn anything new tonight that hasnt already been discussed on here....

my take is that neville and padfield combining, shows that both dont have the necessary funds...

also shows that they dont have a decent plan because they have yet to meet up and discuss combining consortiums, let alone actually being close to putting in a bid...

I don't trust Neville or Padfield. To make some sort of bid, to show intent they need to have everything in place, not show they CAN and MAY have things come together. It just shouts out amateurish to me.

I wouldn't go buying a house or car without knowing I've got the cash or credit to pay for it. So why are they nowbacktracking on their original claims of having the finances in place.

Lerner and Still can both walk the walk as well as talk the talk. These guys are SERIOUS players and to be honest, as far as I can see, are totalyl out of Neville or Padfields league.

AV06 IMHO are seriuos players and they are well in Lerners and Stils league if we read the stories right.

How does anyone on here know the strength on Stills bid?

We don't know his backers for a start.

This is the whole point about this soap opera of a takeover, we dont know anything about any of the consortiums!! Well saying that we do know now that:

a) Neville has no backing (probabaly)

B) Padfield knows feck al about football and believes he has the backing (probably doesnt hence looking at merging with Nevviles consortium

Lerner bid is quite as is Stills, so who knows what is going on.

Is Padfield actually saying "If Doug Wants to keep some shares he can do" do you think perhaps maybe?

IMO any consortium who would allow Ellis to retain any power and/or shares going forward are as welcome at Villa Park as a dose of the clap.

AVO6 can **** off if this is an option they would consider.

Padfield sounds like a clearing in the woods who has absolutely no knowledge of the club or its fans.